• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

For those new to web forums: Don't feed the trolls

Started by Dave Ridley, February 09, 2005, 03:21 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

bouncer

Pat that photo looks like me except I got four eyes. Are you my Long lost twin ? LOL  ;D

marknh

every large forum or blog has the trolls.
simple to handle give 1 warning. if than don't work then ban for life.

Pat McCotter

There is also an ignore button for individual use.

We don't have a large troll problem here as you can see by the date of the post before yours (04/13/2009) and the sparseness of posts in this thread.

Tom Sawyer

Pat McCotter

Kat Kanning

Riddler

PattyLee loves dogs

I would agree w most of first post although I am trollish enough to want to debate. Hope to take the high road and do this with respect by discussing ideas not people. Discussion of ideas is a way to test ideas to see if said ideas are worthwhile. I like to see disagreement in ideas, is this not another exercise in free thought? :lurk: :lurk: :lurk:

jimramos11

Trolls are everywhere.  I prefer to be a lurker than be banned for flaming.  >:D

RizingFire

There is no reason why everyone can't keep it respectful, even in heated debates...I like this forum so far! Great job guys...

Riddler

so........
do i get some sort of award for the highest (lowest?) negative karma, or what?
some record must have been established........

Alex Libman

I have a new zero tolerance policy for thought-terminating clichés.

Anyone who calls me a "troll" or alleges that I was ever insincere in my intentions for FSP makes my shit-list!

Jim Johnson

People who have a 'shit list' are usually vindictive, childish assholes.
Can you start a thread on the 'Childish Board, TMI' titled 'People who think Alex Libman is a "troll" or say that he was never sincere in his intentions for FSP' or you know maybe 'Libman's Shit List'.  That way some of us can wiggle our fingers in the air and say, "Ooooo, I'm on Libman's shit list.  I wonder what he is going to do; Troll me some more?"

Alex Libman

I don't "troll" anyone.

I have a well-documented (in spite of some people's attempts to burn books) 5-year history of libertarian critical thinking and philosophical debate.  Do you honestly think I'm some commie masquerading as a libertarian, expressing pro-libertarian views on dozens of forums, chat-rooms, and blogs, at times 8-10 hours a day?!  Why?!  I've donated thousands of dollars to libertarian causes.  I use my real name and personally identifiable information on the Internet forheckssake!  I threw away my career to be able to do this!

Yes, there has been much satire and cultural experimentation, much of which went over people's heads, but only the shallowest of people would ostracize a person over some sincere philosophical differences (all clearly within the AnCap spectrum) and a few bad jokes.  Yes, I have anger issues - under the circumstances I wouldn't be human if I didn't.  I've been knocked down many times over the past few years, and it were "my fellow libertarians" who stomped on me while I was down!  My greatest struggle is not against violent ignorance of state, but against my own despair...

I've spent a lot of time trying to reconcile with people and get them to understand, but without compromising my personal philosophical beliefs, which took me years of full-time study to achieve.  But people refuse to reasonable, they are driven by a herd instinct to stomp on anything that is different.  I struggle to roll the rock of libertarian philosophy up toward the mountaintop, and they spit at me and pierce my flesh to make the rock roll down again!

Evil tongues on libertarian forums are the reason I've stayed away from the FSP people in real life.  Here we have a "problem of the seen and the unseen" - no one will know what has been lost as the result of me being bullied out of hands-on participation in the Free State Project...  Oh, how I wish I could believe in rational objective Judgment and in Hell, and that no one who has ever called me a "troll" shall enter Heaven!  But, no, there is no rational objective Judgment, and all Truth can be thrown down the memory hole and disappear forever...

I cannot give up my rationalist / capitalist / libertarian beliefs, even if apparently I have to stand completely alone.  Completely alone...

I don't have the strength to do this, but I have no alternative.