• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Main thread for Ed and Elaine Brown vs the evil IRS

Started by KBCraig, May 24, 2006, 06:51 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

all right
not only am I a global warming denier ... I am a tax denier

Monier didn't like his back to me .... I guess I looked dangerous.

yea Ed let these guys in, but kicked Caleb and I out, when we wouldn't promise to shoot Feds with him.

Russell Kanning

I see the government botched this land grab like New London

Dave Ridley

unperfect but unforgotten
if you check ridleyreport.com from about two months ago you'll see my conversation with a u.s. marshal who was involved.

Russell Kanning

KBCraig

https://www.nhpr.org/post/ed-and-elaine-brown-who-led-anti-tax-armed-stand-could-see-lower-sentence

On Monday, the United States Attorney for New Hampshire submitted a memo to the court agreeing that the Browns' sentence of 30 years for the charge of carrying a firearm or destructive device in connection with a crime of violence should be vacated, and that the court should "reschedule the case for resentencing."

The majority of the Browns' prison sentence was associated with the charges now deemed unconstitutional, meaning the Browns could see a substantial overall reduction in their prison terms. That will be up to prosecutors and, ultimately, a federal judge to decide.

Russell Kanning

WithoutAPaddle

"For years, the Browns' home sat vacant and unsold, in part due to statements from authorities that they couldn't guarantee the home was clear of booby traps. The property finally sold in 2015. "

Does anyone know the status of that property today?

Russell Kanning

booby traps
btw if the cops search any of my cars .... Ed Brown might have installed special features

KBCraig

https://www.unionleader.com/news/courts/elaine-brown-of-plainfield-standoff-fame-ordered-freed-from-texas/article_460ae546-f857-51d6-af83-a222e0b2bc57.html

CONCORD — Elaine Brown, the dentist who became one of the faces of the anti-government militia movement of the 2000s, will be free from prison by the end of February, after a federal judge on Friday cut short her 35-year sentence.

Brown, 78, listened via a video hookup in U.S. District Court as Judge George Singal reduced the sentence to the 12 years she has already spent in prison for crimes including obstruction of justice, weapons possession, bail jumping and tax evasion.

Tom Sawyer

Quote"When we're just and merciful at times, it doesn't show our country's weakness; it shows our strengths," Singal said.

In part, he said, the sentence reduction gives a message to those who hold the government and the criminal justice system in contempt. "They are dealing with a system that has far more conscience than they have," Singal said.

Wow, scary to think of having a man like this holding power over you.

Bow, and give "the sanction of the victim". Thank him for being so kind to you.

Makes me kind of sick to my stomach.

Free libertarian

This may be an instance of a judge relying on a (scato)logical fallacy. 

Russell Kanning