• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

New England Secession

Started by jcpliberty, February 10, 2005, 04:55 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jcpliberty

For those of you interested in the idea of New England Secession, there is a group that meets to chat about it in Cheshire, MA every month.

http://secession.meetup.com/18/

JP

Dave Ridley

AlanM

If each NE state retained its sovereignty, it would be a good idea. I don't want to be in any close knit federation with Mass. and Conn.

Kat Kanning

How many people at the MA meeting each month are federal agents?

AlanM

Quote from: katdillon on February 10, 2005, 09:29 PM NHFT
How many people at the MA meeting each month are federal agents?

Getting paranoid are we? hehehe

Kat Kanning

AlanM

That car that was tailing me was seen in Cheshire, Mass. You know, the black car. The blue one followed me home.

jcpliberty

AlanM

intergraph19

I don't think sparking another Civil War is a good idea.

White

Very well; let's make it uncivil, then.   Remember, secession was not the casus belli in 1861.

Cheers,
                                                    D. Francis White

intergraph19

Quote from: White on February 11, 2005, 04:49 PM NHFT
Very well; let's make it uncivil, then.   Remember, secession was not the casus belli in 1861.

Cheers,
                                                    D. Francis White

Acctually, I think it was.   It is generally known in the South as the War between the States and is also called the War of the Rebellion (the official Union designation), the War of Secession, and the War for Southern Independence.  The North and the South had a lot of issues and they were such different worlds that eventually the South decided to become it's own nation.  Lincoln was not going to let the nation split, so the war was fought. 

Dave Ridley

Even though I signed up for this I do agree that secession of New England or any state would probably be a bad thing.  But I think of it this way:  The more groups you have thinking about state sovereignty of some kind, and the more powerful they are, the more it will pull us back toward the happy medium of federalism.    I don't think you have to worry about a few dozen meetup.com types breaking new england away and started the second civil war.  At best they will help attain a little more in the way of states' rights.  I love seeing liberals fight for this for a change, it's nice to finally be able to agree with them on something besides the drug war.

citizen_142002

Have their been any new/major decisions made?

Russell Kanning