• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

UK knives amnesty gets under way

Started by BillyC, May 24, 2006, 08:37 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

BillyC

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/24052006/344/uk-knives-amnesty-gets-under-way.html

A nationwide knife amnesty has begun across the country - the first of its kind for 10 years.

For the next five weeks - until June 30 - people will be able to hand in all bladed instruments without fear of reprisal.

The initiative is being backed by police forces throughout England, Northern Ireland and Wales. Scotland is running its own amnesty concurrently.

fourthgeek

I'm still waiting for the "pointy rock" amnesty program.

>.>

*pushes box under bed*

PowerPenguin

This works SO well w/ firearms in the US. Jerks. BTW, how many UK FSP members are there? Any?

KBCraig

Quote from: powerpenguin on May 25, 2006, 12:12 AM NHFT
This works SO well w/ firearms in the US.

Hey, just look at how well it works with firearms in the UK!

Atlas

I just can't feel sorry for people who allow this shit and then willingly comply. If we're the sheep, what the hell does that make them?

Dreepa

If we put kitchen knives in how do we cut our food?

Thespis

Quote from: Dreepa on May 25, 2006, 02:26 PM NHFT
If we put kitchen knives in how do we cut our food?

You don't.

The government will issue you a subpar blender.

Pork chop pur?e anyone?

BillyC

I just dont get it.  ???

People who are this willing to give up anyway to fight back tyranny, Do they deserve any help when it kicks down their door?

Kat Kanning

Well the Brits are notoriously bad cooks....maybe they're just giving up cooking.  I sure would have a hard time cooking w/o a knife.  Steak must be out, too.

Pat McCotter

They killed all the cows because of mad cow disease.

ravelkinbow

Next they will kill all the birds...avian flu

Pat McCotter

Star Trek blade seized

RELATED STORIES

? Knife amnesty is launched
? Tragic mum is knifed

By MIKE SULLIVAN
Crime Editor

THIS five-foot martial arts sword capable of beheading a man was recovered by shocked cops in a house raid.

The terrifying Batleth weapon is identical to one wielded by Klingon aliens in the Star Trek sci-fi films.

Officers seized the three-handled sword ? which has huge pointed blades at either end ? at a home in Gloucester.

It was shown yesterday at the start of a five-week national knife amnesty. Cops hope 30,000 blades will be handed in, with owners free from prosecution.

Local Insp Mac McGarry wielded the sword, which he said had been sharpened to kill.

He said: ?It is a particularly nasty weapon which could easily take someone?s head off.?

Home Office Minister Vernon Coaker launched the amnesty in St John?s Wood, North West London. He said: ?We are determined to get the scourge of knife crime off our streets.?

But Victims of Crime campaigner Norman Brennan, a serving cop, branded the initiative a ?futile PR stunt?.

He said: ?It is likely to be supported by the law-abiding public and not those who carry knives for criminal activity.

?Knife crime will only get worse if we don?t introduce a five-year mandatory sentence for anyone carrying a knife.?

THE Queen?s grocer Fortnum & Mason was fined ?2,000 by Horseferry Road Magistrates in London for selling a knife to a child under 16.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Otosan

Every time I think the stupid gove can not get anymore stupid....bam.... :P

They will only get my Swedish pocket knife when they pry it from my cold dead hands....... :P

Are they not de-evolving weapons bans now.....next will it be weapons made from bones? Then sticks and stones?

When will we have to turn in our hands? (at one time, I believe I read it some where, that there were more murders committed with the hands/fist than any other weapon)

Dreepa

I love that the took the Sword from a Trekkie.

Too funny.  Some Klingon is now missing part of his custom.