• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Secret laws idea?

Started by jgmaynard, May 25, 2006, 02:45 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jgmaynard

I had a thought recently (hard to believe but true  ;)).......

Remember how Timmy Leary got the Marijuana Tax Act repealed because it was a violation of the 5th ammendment?

Not that I think that the government gives a pair of fetid dingo's kidneys about the Constitution anymore, but it got me to thinking....

Now, the 5th ammendment supposedly protects us against self-incrimination, but wiht the new Fed "secret laws," couldn't an argument be made in court that if the laws are secret, you cannot, by definition, be protected against self-incrimination? After all, you don't know what you would be incriminating yourself if you don't know what's illegal.

Maybe good ol' Timmy Condon would know more about that, or know some lawyer(s) willing to fight it.

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? Insults to be hurled?  ;D

JM

ravelkinbow

Ok, now your trying to use common sense with politicians...are you nuts...LOL

aries

Most secret laws aren't civil nor do they include violations for breaking them. They are usually just outsourcing powers to the executive branch.

ravelkinbow

Quote from: aries on May 25, 2006, 08:26 PM NHFT
Most secret laws aren't civil nor do they include violations for breaking them. They are usually just outsourcing powers to the executive branch.

Tell me you don't think this is a good thing.

aries

Quote from: ravelkinbow on May 25, 2006, 08:37 PM NHFT
Quote from: aries on May 25, 2006, 08:26 PM NHFT

Tell me you don't think this is a good thing.

I don't think this is a good thing.

slim

To understand the secret laws we need to think like a politician and the easiest way to think like a politician is remove our brain and replace it with a hampster with a wheel ;D

AlanM

Quote from: slim on May 26, 2006, 10:08 AM NHFT
To understand the secret laws we need to think like a politician and the easiest way to think like a politician is remove our brain and replace it with a hampster with a wheel ;D

Do you really think politicians can handle the wheel by themselves?

AlanM

The purpose of secret laws is ........... a secret.

tracysaboe

Quote from: slim on May 26, 2006, 10:08 AM NHFT

HEE HEE

tRacy