• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Put your list of common questions here

Started by tracysaboe, May 28, 2006, 01:16 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

tracysaboe

OK, I'm done with the list of benifits, at least a rough draft. I'm editing it, and getting it to Calib tomarrow.

I'm also mostly done with the stuff about what do we do about the functions the FED does, and how we're a libertarian secessionist movement that believe people should be free to choose and that the State of NH shouldn't take over those functions either.

I'm also working on a FAQ

But I need some ideas. What other questions will people ask us.

Obviously, the 1st question is. "What do we do if the feds attack us" And I'm working on that. But are their other FAQs that we shouldhave answers to upfront?

Thanks,

TRacy

fourthgeek

why?
when?
how?
local/state public opinion?
national opinion?
how can i help?

Lex

AlanM

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on May 28, 2006, 08:33 PM NHFT
How will secession benefit me?

Right now the US Government is controlled by One-World believers. Hopefully, we can reverse that in a new sovereign country/state.

Fluff and Stuff

Lex

Quote from: AlanM on May 28, 2006, 08:36 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lex Berezhny on May 28, 2006, 08:33 PM NHFT
How will secession benefit me?

Right now the US Government is controlled by One-World believers. Hopefully, we can reverse that in a new sovereign country/state.

Too technical. Not many people can think that big. You gotta give specific examples. How will it affect them when they go to the store? When they pay their taxes? When they fill up on gas? etc.

aries

Can I still drive to work in Mass?

(hypothetically, I live 130 miles from mass)

Lex

I think travel is definitely going to be a big issue for most people.

Russell Kanning

Depends on how the US reacts to us. It would not be our fault that they have a closed border. :)

rogervw

What if I choose not to secede?
What if I want to choose to remain part of the Federal Govt/US Citizen?

Caleb

Simply pay your federal taxes and write the US department of state a letter saying that, although you are residing in NH, and it is declaring itself sovereign, you in no way wish to renounce your US citizenship.  Many US citizens live overseas, and the courts have ruled that a US citizen must do something ACTIVELY to prove that he wishes to renounce his citizenship.  Your letter to the department of state saying that you do not wish to renounce your citizenship is probably overkill, therefore, but it puts you on the safe side as you now have proactive proof that you intended to remain a citizen, and in fact that your continued residence in a different country should not be taken to mean that you have renounced your citizenship.

Caleb

tracysaboe

Quote from: Dietrich Bonhoeffer on August 10, 2006, 08:36 PM NHFT
Simply pay your federal taxes and write the US department of state a letter saying that, although you are residing in NH, and it is declaring itself sovereign, you in no way wish to renounce your US citizenship.  Many US citizens live overseas, and the courts have ruled that a US citizen must do something ACTIVELY to prove that he wishes to renounce his citizenship.  Your letter to the department of state saying that you do not wish to renounce your citizenship is probably overkill, therefore, but it puts you on the safe side as you now have proactive proof that you intended to remain a citizen, and in fact that your continued residence in a different country should not be taken to mean that you have renounced your citizenship.

Caleb

Add it to the FAQ Caleb

Caleb

citizen_142002

How would we react to sealed borders, federal blockades, acts of war? A blockade is an act of war.

FYI, I would support the state in taking over an organized defense from foreign attacks, although I would push for a constitutional amendment that secures neutrality unless attacked by a foreign power.
I believe that defense in a proper function of government, and while I oppose a standing military in times of peace, I still believe that the militia ought to be under state control so that a degree of uniformity can be attained.

How about airspace, would we allow overflights by US/Canadian civilian flights, or the military?

Safe passage for residents of Maine may be something the US wants by treaty. Perhaps exchanging safe passage from Maine to the US and Vice Versa, in exchange for open borders with NH, would be something the US would go for.

tracysaboe

Quote from: citizen_142002 on August 23, 2006, 05:08 PM NHFT
How would we react to sealed borders, federal blockades, acts of war? A blockade is an act of war.

FYI, I would support the state in taking over an organized defense from foreign attacks, although I would push for a constitutional amendment that secures neutrality unless attacked by a foreign power.
I believe that defense in a proper function of government, and while I oppose a standing military in times of peace, I still believe that the militia ought to be under state control so that a degree of uniformity can be attained.

How about airspace, would we allow overflights by US/Canadian civilian flights, or the military?

Safe passage for residents of Maine may be something the US wants by treaty. Perhaps exchanging safe passage from Maine to the US and Vice Versa, in exchange for open borders with NH, would be something the US would go for.

Fully support and endorse those who wish to run the illegal blockcade.

The Norths blockades of the south wouldn't have work if the southern governments hadn't done their own quoranteening. Simularly, if New England hadn't boycotted England and during the revolutionary war and instead traded with them, they would have bee in a much better position too.

Plus our air-plains can go anywhere in the world. With a completely deregulated NH Airline industry, it seems most trade wouldn't be by boat.

Tracy

Tracy