• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

How long until we reach critical mass?

Started by FTL_Ian, June 01, 2006, 11:50 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lex

Quote from: FTL_Ian on June 03, 2006, 10:04 PM NHFT
Quote from: slim on June 03, 2006, 07:54 PM NHFT
I am planning to move to NH in 3 years I am a reluctlant to sign the first 1000 because I do not want to sign it and miss the deadline to be moved in to the state I belive my word is something I should never break if I did break my word that would make me no better then most politicians.

Yeah, but better to make it to 1000 signatures and have a few people's plans change than not to make the goal.

I don't think you want to advertise that it's "OK" to blow off the 1000 signatures.

Still, I think, the people who signed the pledge and do seriously plan to move, WILL move, those who have signed the pledge but aren't sure and their plans change, well, they wouldn't have moved whether the goal was or wasn't reached.

The First 1000 is just a nudge in the right direction.

Russell Kanning

a 1000 would be a massive force for change :)

fourthgeek

Perhaps the easiest people to convince to sign the pledge would be those whom have already moved. It seems that a large number have not.

Russell Kanning

according to my calculations ..... we will reach critical mass ... in about ..... 3 seconds ..........now. :dragonball:

Dreepa

Quote from: fourthgeek on June 04, 2006, 11:41 AM NHFT
Perhaps the easiest people to convince to sign the pledge would be those whom have already moved. It seems that a large number have not.
we have been working on them.

There are probably about 140ish movers right now.  About 100 have signed up for First1000.

citizen_142002

Why weren't the number of early movers already here added automatically. Clearly they have fufilled the requirements.

I don't understand why someone already here would refuse to sign the first 1000 pledge unless they don't know about it. What's there to work on?

Pat McCotter

Some of them are keeping a low profile in all aspects of their lives.

Kat Kanning

One new mover I talked to said he didn't understand the separate pledge, so he didn't sign it.

NC2NH

Quote from: Pat McCotter on June 05, 2006, 05:06 AM NHFT
Some of them are keeping a low profile in all aspects of their lives.

I encourage such fine folks to do as I and choose the option to keep your name from appearing on the list. One might also sign up for a free email account using less than accurate info.

A name and functioning email address are the only pieces of info required to sign up.

citizen_142002

All the early movers signed the FSP pledge, is that any more secure? Did the FSP pledge even have the option of remaining anonymous on the public list?

Kat Kanning

There is no public list of fsp members.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on June 04, 2006, 08:50 AM NHFT
I'd guess that a group of people who do what they say.
will be more effective and functional
than a group of people who blow off their promises.

Of course, but the way the First 1000 is written, if it does not reach 1000 signers the obligation is removed.  I'd rather have it reach 1000 and have 50 people's plans change and have them flake out, resulting in hundreds more early movers than the pledge not making it to 1000, and having those hundreds keep waiting...

I'm going regardless.

Lex

Quote from: Soundwave on June 05, 2006, 08:28 PM NHFT
I am curious as to how many people are moving anyway.

I think enough to reach critical mass within the next few years.

Ragnar76

Here's a copy of my post on the FSP message board on Sunday.  Please don't get discouraged, we haven't begun to fight!

"Friends of Liberty,

Earlier today, I signed the Statement of Intent and added my name to the First 1000 Pledge Bank.  Upon completing the MBA program at the University of Missouri in December, I will move to New Hampshire and begin working to advance liberty in every way possible immediately.

My primary reasons for deciding to make the move are as follows:

1.   Liberty

You simply can?t place a value on liberty.  Even if the odds are against FSP, even if I have to give up some career opportunities and my close proximity to family and friends, I refuse to accept or tolerate the current state of affairs.  I will not look at myself and my children years from now and have to say ?I saw evil but did nothing to stop it.? 

Relevant quote:  ?The spread of evil is the symptom of a vacuum. Whenever evil wins, it is only by default: by the moral failure of those who evade the fact that there can be no compromise on basic principles??Ayn Rand

2.   Practical

The Free State Project can work?those already there have demonstrated this fact.  Besides, what other options are there?  The vast majority of society embodies one form of collectivist mysticism or another and both major political parties reflect their morally corrupt views.     

3.   Social

The opportunity to network with true patriots who share my core values is also an attractive benefit of the FSP.  I look forward to meeting and working with people who think that freedom in any real sense isn?t a ?radical? or ?impractical? idea.  Think about joining the Sons of Liberty just at the beginning of America's resistance to British tyranny--that could be you. 

4.   New Hampshire

What?s not to like about New Hampshire?  I salivate at the idea of making a purchase without paying a sales tax and earning money without paying a state income tax.  The Live Free or Die state is gorgeous, clean, and safe.  Sure, the weather is cold but I?m sure I?ll adjust in time. 

I?ll most certainly be asking questions and making contacts between now and December.  I?d particularly appreciate any information regarding housing in the Nashua/Salem area.  In terms of employment, I plan to work in corporate finance, investments, or banking in either Boston or Southern New Hampshire.

In Liberty,

Brett 

"I swear by my life and my love it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine." 

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Ragnar76 on June 05, 2006, 10:21 PM NHFT
What?s not to like about New Hampshire?

Since you asked, the property taxes, hands down.  I just got my first bill:  "Welcome to Keene, now pay us $2800!"  (This only covers 6 months.)

Ending property taxes is going to be a critical fight, that should happen sooner rather than later.  Ending them would be a great way to attract more movers.