• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NH/Freedom related clothing line

Started by burnthebeautiful, June 11, 2006, 02:47 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

burnthebeautiful

The other day I came up with the idea of starting a New Hampshire/freedom related clothing line. I came up with some cool ideas for prints that I could put on tshirts and hoodies, and figured The Old Man On The Mountain would make a good logo.

I don't want the shirts to be political in the normal sense of the word. I want some of the shirts to have, say, a print of a guy smoking a cigarette in a bar, or riding a motorcycle without a helmet. Maybe a few words of freedom underneath, if that. If you're in the know or can otherwise figure out the political statement being made, that's nice, otherwise it's just a "cool" shirt. I also don't want to the NH stuff to be too banked into peoples heads, as ideally I'd like the clothes to appeal on an international level. An "NH" or the name of a NH city or location on the occasional shirt would suffice.

The biggest trouble right now is I'm terrible at drawing, both in "real life" and on a PC. I'd need a partner that doesn't suck at photoshop to help me out, although I'd mostly want the designs to stay quite simple so you don't have to be genius.

I made some really rough, pretty much terrible, sketches with paint shop pro of some of the ideas I had. They're badly, but they give you an idea of some of the ideas I've had so far. The Coos County shirt is a bit tongue in cheek.

Coos County Snowboarding

New England Smoking Map

Smoking Man

Logo - Entire Circle
Logo - Just Face
Logo - Sky Outline

So, what do you all think? Keep in mind those are rough drafts and not the actual images I'd end up using.

cathleeninnh

On the NE smoking map, I would make the NH circle green to make the smoking symbol more distinctive.

I like the smoking man message, NH is Smoking!

I don't care for the old man logo. I am not an old man fan. Hey, it's gone. But, for subtlety, I kind of like the sky outline. It is something that can be superimposed over something else.

As far as art, find out who did the porcfest shirts this year. That would get you more of what you are looking for to fix these up.

Cathleen

Kat Kanning

How about making the old man in the mountain smoking?

aries

You know we shouldn't really pride ourselves on catering to smokers, we should pride ourselves on having lax laws on everything, including smoking regulation.

The gas station I work at sells hoodies that say "New Hampshire" on them but that's nothing special

burnthebeautiful

Quote from: cathleeninnh on June 11, 2006, 06:27 PM NHFT
On the NE smoking map, I would make the NH circle green to make the smoking symbol more distinctive.

I like the smoking man message, NH is Smoking!

I don't care for the old man logo. I am not an old man fan. Hey, it's gone. But, for subtlety, I kind of like the sky outline. It is something that can be superimposed over something else.

As far as art, find out who did the porcfest shirts this year. That would get you more of what you are looking for to fix these up.

Cathleen

I definately want to work more on the map, possibly change the colours of the states, have NH be one colour and the other states something else. That was just the only New England map I could find that had outlines and nothing else, so I used it.

I like the old man, at least as an image. I don't really know if he represents anything in particular, I just think pictures of him are a cool picture/logo. The outline one is a bit better as a logo, because as you said you can superimpose it.

I have a pretty good idea of the type of stuff I'd like to do. I have a whole clothing line concept in my head that I'd ideally like to do some day. It's very easy to start off doing shirts on one of those "print your own" sites like caf?press. Doing other clothing items would be dependant on the sucess of the t-shirts I suppose.
I have an idea of a kind of more urban/"cool"/"punk" version of Timberland. Timberland-esque rugged good quality jeans and flannel shirts and the like (but less preppy than Timberland) with just the old man logo, but also skate brand-esque cool tshirts and hoodies, some of them with NH-related prints on them. I have a hard time expressing my mental images in any way, but hopefully you get the idea.

AlanM

QuoteI like the old man, at least as an image. I don't really know if he represents anything in particular,

I'm a native of NH, and to me the Old Man represents the rugged individualism of NH folk. I think a lot of natives and long time residents feel the same.

Fluff and Stuff

Fluff and Stuff

KBCraig