• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Alone in the Wilderness

Started by Pat K, June 05, 2006, 08:54 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

slimpickens

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on June 05, 2006, 09:11 PM NHFT
Quote from: Pat K on June 05, 2006, 08:54 PM NHFT
I just got done watching Alone in the Wilderness an hour long doc. about Richard Proenneke . You want to talk about self- sufficiency, this guy at the age of 53 goes off into the Alaska wilds in 1968 and with hand power tools, alot of wich he makes. Builds a cabin, outhouse, catch room furniture etc. He then lives there for 30 or so years deciding in his 80's that the 50 deg below  zero winters are becoming to much!!!

I have that on tape......somewhere.
If you have a extra copy i would buy it.

Lloyd Danforth

I found it recently.  The next time I have two VCR next to each other, I'll make a copy.

Lloyd Danforth

OnGard4Liberty

That is SO COOL! I guess Alaska is the only place left in the USA where you can just go there, build a house and not worry about deeds or taxes.  That's real freedom.

Lloyd Danforth

mike82934

Quote from: fourthgeek on June 06, 2006, 11:44 AM NHFT
Like, a wooden blow-up doll.

I can't help but think of the movie 'Almost Heroes'...the part with the straw prostitutes. The one fellow ended up eating his when they were starving to death.

On another note, don't you think that this is a hell of a thread for me to make my first post? Hope you guys don't get the wrong idea about me.  :P

Lloyd Danforth

Riddler

Quote from: Spencer on October 14, 2007, 06:23 PM NHFT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsfB6oJ55wM

Posted in 10 minute chunks.

Unbelievable......too cold though...he should have caved in to the wood stove purchase...would've been alot more efficient & warm.
The man has sack, tho

Raineyrocks

I always thought that I'd like to live in the wilderness but not alone until I went camping one night.  I don't think I could do it, there are weird sounds and not knowing what they are scares me.  How would I go to the bathroom?  Get a shower?  Blow dry my hair?  Geesh I saw the weirdest looking bugs too, I never saw them on any National Geographic show. The ground is so lumpy and uncomfortable too!

I wanted to go camping with Rick a few months ago but we never got around to it probably because he knew it wouldn't work out even though I really wanted to just for one night though not to live.

Now we're going to do something else that I think is so awesome.  We are going into the woods somewhere and write a song together, Rick's going to put the tunes together and then we're going to sing it together while he plays his guitar, isn't that neat?

Pat K

Quote from: lawofattraction on October 25, 2007, 10:38 PM NHFT
Quote from: Kat Kanning on June 06, 2006, 01:09 PM NHFT
I knew a guy that made hand crafted wooden dildos.  He made them for rape victims.

Is there really any market for a product like that? It seems like splinters would be a problem.

I am always waiting for someone to bring their old spinster aunts
dildo collection onto the antique road show.

Kat Kanning

I knew a guy that made hand crafted wooden dildos.  He made them for rape victims.

Is there really any market for a product like that? It seems like splinters would be a problem.

I believe he gave them away.  If I understand right, they were highly polished.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Kat Kanning on October 26, 2007, 05:48 AM NHFT

Cocobolo would be a good choice

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on October 26, 2007, 06:45 AM NHFT
Quote from: Kat Kanning on October 26, 2007, 05:48 AM NHFT

Cocobolo would be a good choice

What's cocobolo?

Lloyd Danforth

A beautiful, dense, hardwood that polishes up real nice.  I think it might be some sort of rosewood. As unlikely as it seems at the moment, if I ever needed a wooden dildo, I would go with Cocobolo.