• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Survivalism

Started by fourthgeek, June 06, 2006, 12:05 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

fourthgeek

There's a well-known, leaked copy of a military all-weather survival manual, pretty much freely available anywhere. The FM21-76 Army Survival Manual.

http://www.m4040.com/Downloads/FM%2021-76%20US%20ARMY%20SURVIVAL%20MANUAL-Abridged.doc

Good tips on everything from hunting and trapping to building shelters and determining what foods may be edible. Quite a few "fluff" pages that are either completely useless or practically unimportant for our purposes though.

Recumbent ReCycler

I think I have the unabridged version.  I collected a lot of manuals while I was in the Army.

aaron

I'll try to post more related links, I know a few, I just need to dig them up.

Tom Sawyer

Insurgent

Raineyrocks

I have the book When Technology Fails and a few others too, their pretty informative. 

Quantrill

QuoteAs is another phenomenal book on survival, "SAS Survival Handbook: How to Survive in the Wild, in Any Climate, on Land or at Sea"

Very good book on survival. 

Boston T. Party wrote a good book titled "surviving y2k and other lovely disasters."

My favorite survivalist author hands down is Ragnar Benson.  You can find his stuff from Paladin Press.  Trapping, caching, building an A-frame cabin, eating cheaply (or freely), acquiring medicine and a host of other stuff on how to survive without dependence on Uncle Sam.  I STRONGLY recommend "how to live off the land in the city and country."   He also has a very good book solely dedicated to urban survival...

aaron

I have the SAS book, its really good.   FM 21-76 is good too.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Quantrill on March 20, 2007, 11:37 AM NHFT
QuoteAs is another phenomenal book on survival, "SAS Survival Handbook: How to Survive in the Wild, in Any Climate, on Land or at Sea"

Very good book on survival. 

Boston T. Party wrote a good book titled "surviving y2k and other lovely disasters."

My favorite survivalist author hands down is Ragnar Benson.  You can find his stuff from Paladin Press.  Trapping, caching, building an A-frame cabin, eating cheaply (or freely), acquiring medicine and a host of other stuff on how to survive without dependence on Uncle Sam.  I STRONGLY recommend "how to live off the land in the city and country."   He also has a very good book solely dedicated to urban survival...

I really like Ragnar Benson's books too, he's got quite a few. I have :Survival Retreat: A Total Plan For Retreat Defense  by Ragnar Benson (Paperback - Sep 1983). :)

Insurgent

I joined a forum today which a lot of people here would probably find interest in. "Life After the Oil Crash Forum" The title pretty much says it all  :) Even if you don' believe in the phenomenon of Peak Oil, there's a lot of common ground in the discussions and preparations happening. Look for me as Insurgent over there, too!

http://www.peakoilstore.com/forum/index.php