• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Talk on Porcfest Saturday Afternoon

Started by Russell Kanning, June 06, 2006, 07:37 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

This is from the latest Porcfest crier:(tim condon)

"Thereafter, Russell Kanning, who recently had charges dropped against him for exercising his First Amendment rights in Manchester (along with his wife Kat Dillon), will talk about protesting and "public activism" in New
Hampshire. Russell was previously arrested last year when he attempted to exercise his Constitutional rights as an American citizen to board an airliner at the Manchester airport without showing "a photo ID," so his talk should be interesting and lively. You won't want to miss it!"

Kate Rick had originally asked if I could talk for a couple minutes about what methods I think are best. She also said she was going to ask Lauren and Mike to speak about their ideas. She later said it would be more of a panel discussion, which also sounded good to me.

I actually will not be talking about protesting or public activism unless someone asks me. I am more interested in the covering the basic concepts of how people like Boetie, Thoreau, Tolstoy, Ghandi and MLK thought we should interact with "THE STATE".

I am not sure exactly how the format will be or whatnot, but I wanted to ask if anyone else wanted to join me. (I will ask Kate Rick if she still wants Lauren and Mike to speak) It sounds like there will be plenty of speeches about  politics. I am very interested in showing how both morally and strategically non-violently not cooperating with the state is the best means to our mostly shared ends. :)

Is there anyone who would like to speak alongside me (if possible)?

What do you guys want me to speak on?

Rocketman

Quote from: russellkanning on June 06, 2006, 07:37 AM NHFT
I am more interested in the covering the basic concepts of how people like Boetie, Thoreau, Tolstoy, Ghandi and MLK thought we should interact with "THE STATE".

This is what I'd be most interested in hearing you speak about, so go for it.   :)

Pat K

Could you talk about nukering are enemys, also some more places we could attack. We just never hear enough of that.

Caleb

Yes, I'm with Pat on this one.  I just can't get enough of hearing about us blowing people to bits.  :puke:

Russell Kanning

KBCraig

Quote from: russellkanning on June 06, 2006, 08:31 PM NHFT
how about "gun cleaning"?

How about the difference between a pitchfork, a potato fork, a manure fork, and a silage fork?  ;D

Pat K

Lex

Quote from: KBCraig on June 07, 2006, 02:29 AM NHFT

How about the difference between a pitchfork, a potato fork, a manure fork, and a silage fork?  ;D

I would go to that!  ;D

FTL_Ian

What an excellent idea:

Russell, Lauren, Mike, Kat : the panel of civil disobedience super-activists!

Kat Kanning

Hey are we going to meet you sometime, lawofattraction?  At porcfest or some meeting?

Russell Kanning

Quote from: KBCraig on June 07, 2006, 02:29 AM NHFT

That is for the campfire .... specifically Friday night at the Big Shorty Tall Tale Telling.

TackleTheWorld

Russell can dress in a long coat, furry hat and high boots and quote Tolstoy in a Russian accent
Mike can wear Indian garb and give favorite quotes from Mr. Ghandi.
I can be Madame DaFarge and quote from my countryman, Etienne De La Boetie.

;D

Caleb

I'm trying to get Russell to sculpt his beard into a Thoreau beard.

Caleb

Russell Kanning

I really like those ideas. I don't do accents well, but we could try. Hey .... Steve Cobb will be flying in from Moscow. :)
The porcfest shirts have Jefferson (many people would like to play him), Ayn Rand (I am sure we can find someone), Ghandi (we need a guy with a shaved head), and Thoreau (fake beard below the chin)

I like the Boetie idea

Kat Kanning

We're trying to get Caleb to wear the Gandhi diaper.