• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Laptop Friendly Disaster Survival Library

Started by Dave Ridley, June 06, 2006, 02:21 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

I built this 3MB text document of survival information from trusted sources.  The idea is to have a copy on your laptop or blackberry so you can access and keyword search it *after* a disaster strikes, for quick reference.

for example if you keyword search the word "hypothermia" you'll get first aid info about treating that condition.  Keyword search "iodine" and you'll get info on how many drops of iodine to put in stream water before you can drink it.

---- Edit July 2011:
Latest version of the upload is here at the end of the thread:
http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=4036.msg337228#msg337228

Dave Ridley

i have  copy on my hard drive but it's not online anymore.  if anyone wants to put it back up let me know and i can send it to you.

error

Quote from: DadaOrwell on November 01, 2006, 09:57 PM NHFT
i have  copy on my hard drive but it's not online anymore.  if anyone wants to put it back up let me know and i can send it to you.

I can put a copy up somewhere. :)

slim

Dada  If you e-mail me a copy I could put it up on a seperate website for download.

Dan

error

Hell, I can even update it. I've been reading quite a bit of disaster-survival material lately. :)

slim

If I was going to be stuck somewhere alone and I could take one book I would take my Boyscout guide. There is a lot of essential information someone could use to survive.

mraaron

I've been saving some PDF files, but don't have enough yet to make it worthwhile.

Dave Ridley

okie standby.   plz pm me yer email addies.

aries

I'll wait for someone to rehost it

My survival plan is to hike around with my SKS and a case of ammo, and eat berries and mushrooms.

outlaw4freedom

CNHT

Quote from: slim on November 04, 2006, 06:24 AM NHFT
If I was going to be stuck somewhere alone and I could take one book I would take my Boyscout guide. There is a lot of essential information someone could use to survive.

And I would take a boysc...oh nevermind. You all know what *I'd* take..

:-*

Dave Ridley

i've been trying to email this to michael but am having a problem with my email software on the computer from which I must send the file.  sorry for the delay.  haven't forgotten.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: CNHT on December 31, 2006, 04:12 PM NHFT
Quote from: slim on November 04, 2006, 06:24 AM NHFT

And I would take a boysc...oh nevermind. You all know what *I'd* take..

:-*

There are laws about that