• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Submission for KFP : "Property Taxes are Communism"

Started by FTL_Ian, June 06, 2006, 04:53 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

tracysaboe

Guys, don't even waist your time.

Bill and myself and Steve and Varrin and MR Volenterist, and numerous others went round and roud with this Bill charactor, and in the end he never came up with anything fancy.

This is a religion to him.

Tracy

Lex

Quote from: FrankChodorov on June 07, 2006, 03:23 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lex Berezhny on June 07, 2006, 02:57 PM NHFT
This system of yours seems to be based on feel good economics. e.g. How can I share economic rent if I do not hold a job and thus have something (other than land) to share?
I dunno - [... incomprehensible gobbledy gook ...]

Finally we're getting somewhere.

Russell Kanning

Hey Bill .... I just realized .... you have never written any articles for the Keene Free Press. Why don't you send me one?

Lex

FrankChodorov

Quotehe never came up with anything fancy

no, just good old fashion classical liberalism...that's all.

QuoteThis is a religion to him

interesting comment coming from a self-described christian anarchist.

I am describing nothing more than what Leo Tolstoy advocated.

tracysaboe

Christianity isn't a religion. It's not based on blind faith.

It's a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

I don't worship Tolstoy and George like you do. Arguments from authority are illogical.

Of course, you were told that numerous times 3 or more years ago, and yet you still spout of as if they mean something.

At least come up with some new arguments instead of the same drivle over and over again.

Tracy

Lex

Pat K

I talked with Jesus the other day, he said while he likes Tracy he some times wishes he would just be quite so he could watch his Firefly dvd's.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: russellkanning on June 07, 2006, 05:33 PM NHFT
Hey Bill .... I just realized .... you have never written any articles for the Keene Free Press. Why don't you send me one?

Russell, I'm no editor, but I think you want your articles to be readable!  I'm not a totally dull knife, and I can't comprehend any of his posts!

Lex

Quote from: FTL_Ian on June 07, 2006, 09:12 PM NHFT
Russell, I'm no editor, but I think you want your articles to be readable!  I'm not a totally dull knife, and I can't comprehend any of his posts!

I think Russell is just hoping that if FrankChodorov sits down and takes the time to write something up it would be a bit more readable and comprehensible.

FrankChodorov

typically people who don't comprehend what someone has written (for whatever reason) ask clarifiying questions...

FrankChodorov

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on June 07, 2006, 09:50 PM NHFT

I think Russell is just hoping that if FrankChodorov sits down and takes the time to write something up it would be a bit more readable and comprehensible.

how about that koan Lex?

have you meditated on it yet?

Lex

Quote from: FrankChodorov on June 07, 2006, 10:14 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lex Berezhny on June 07, 2006, 09:50 PM NHFT

how about that koan Lex?

have you meditated on it yet?

*Sigh* Do you honestly think you can convince me that property taxes are a good thing?

Heck, I'd rather have income tax than property tax. At least with income tax if you stop working you don't have to pay anyone anything. With property taxes you have to pay them whether you have a job or not.

Property taxes and self-sufficiency do not go together.

FrankChodorov

QuoteDo you honestly think you can convince me that property taxes are a good thing?

all I am trying to point out to you is a way of living that will create the greatest amount of equal freedom for the greatest number of people with use of simple logic and reason.

QuoteWith property taxes you have to pay them whether you have a job or not.

I just gave you two scenarios where you would not have to pay...

1. at title transfer
2. with a lien system

QuoteProperty taxes and self-sufficiency do not go together.

your obviously under the false impression that if my system were implemented there wouldn't be any homesteadable land with no economic rent attached to it...because it demands that people use their location much more intensively (particularly in the urban core) there would be land abandoned on the margins that could easily be homesteaded...