• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Submission for KFP : "Property Taxes are Communism"

Started by FTL_Ian, June 06, 2006, 04:53 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lex

Quote from: tracysaboe on June 08, 2006, 02:53 PM NHFT
But he resurected, and their are extra-biblical sources of that information as well.

So he is alive today and lives in your neighborhood and you visit him often?

FrankChodorov

QuoteI do not believe in the generalized concept of "rights"....in order to have rights a higher power (government, etc) would have to guarantee those rights

therein lies the problem...the fundamental tenet of classical liberalism/libertarianism is the right of self-ownership.

QuoteYou believe in equality, I do not. It's as simple as that.

you believe that equality and liberty need to be traded off...I believe it is possible to construct a just society based on the concept of equal liberty.

tracysaboe

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on June 08, 2006, 02:54 PM NHFT
But he resurected, and their are extra-biblical sources of that information as well.

In a manner of speaking.

Tracy

tracysaboe

There's another fundamental difference between us and our resident land commie.

We don't believe in "costructing" society.

TRacy

Pat McCotter

Quote from: lawofattraction on June 08, 2006, 02:51 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lex Berezhny on June 08, 2006, 02:48 PM NHFTHe existed then he died.

Yes, and his tomb is in Kashmir, India.

Here's a picture:

http://www.tombofjesus.com/home.htm

I enjoyed reading this a couple years ago when I first found it. There was a man I worked with whose father-in-law was a Sikh from Srinagar and we talked about this over dinner one evening. Interesting research and stories.

tracysaboe

Quote from: lawofattraction on June 08, 2006, 05:38 PM NHFT
Quote from: tracysaboe on June 08, 2006, 05:24 PM NHFT

In a manner of speaking.

Tracy

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  Philippians 4:13

Maybe you could ask him for some help with your spelling.  >:D

Thanks.

I think you'll find that Bill doesn't have a lot of nuts or boltz when it comes to his theories. I've been trying to get them out of him for 3 years or better.

Tracy

Lex

Quote from: lawofattraction on June 08, 2006, 05:41 PM NHFT
Frank, you never answered my last group of questions. I want to hear the "nuts and bolts", rather than theoretical, side of your ideas... How are assessments done and what is the tax rate?

I think his system will work exactly like the one we have today, except the property taxes will be redistributed instead of going to pay for government services and that's the only difference.

Caleb

QuoteHe existed then he died. You can't have a personal relationship with a dead person.

That's what Thomas thought.

Meet Thomas. Thomas was one of his closest friends before he died.  Some other friends told him, "Jesus lives again!" but he didn't believe it.  It sounded too crazy to him, so he said, "unless I stick my hands in his side, I won't believe!"

Until a few days later when this skeptic stuck his hands in Jesus' pierced side, and then fell down and worshipped:  "My Lord and my God!"

Meet James.  James was Jesus' brother.  Before Jesus died, James mocked him and would try to stop Jesus' preaching.  After Jesus was raised, he appeared to James.  James was so convinced that he had seen his brother alive, that he became a martyr for Christ.

Meet Saul.  Saul was a devoted Jew and persecutor of Christians.  One day on the road to persecute Christians in Damascus, he met Jesus.  This enemy of Christ also changed profoundly, to the point where he was willing to die for Christ.

This same Paul wrote in one of his early letters that over 500 people had seen the risen Christ.  These were people who knew him and had believed in him when he was preaching.

You speak a great truth, Lex, you can't have a relationship with a dead person.

But you can have one with Jesus, because he lives.

Caleb

Pat K

Yes and sometimes he won't turn the radio down. For a diety sometimes he sure is rude.

Lex

Quote from: Dietrich Bonhoeffer on June 08, 2006, 10:13 PM NHFT
Meet Thomas. Thomas was one of his closest friends before he died.  Some other friends told him, "Jesus lives again!" but he didn't believe it.  It sounded too crazy to him, so he said, "unless I stick my hands in his side, I won't believe!"
Until a few days later when this skeptic stuck his hands in Jesus' pierced side, and then fell down and worshipped:  "My Lord and my God!"

Okay, so how do I stick my hand into Jesus' side?

tracysaboe

Quote from: Pat K on June 08, 2006, 10:24 PM NHFT
Yes and sometimes he won't turn the radio down. For a diety sometimes he sure is rude.

Wow, you've run into him a few times too. Sometimes I feel the same way!

;D

Tracy

Caleb

QuoteOkay, so how do I stick my hand into Jesus' side?

The million dollar question, Lex, is this:

If tomorrow you were given incontrovertible proof that Jesus is who he says he is, how would you feel?

If your will is sincere, I might be able to help you "stick your hand in Jesus' side" ...

If your will is bent away from it, then nothing can make you believe.  Thomas wanted to believe, but couldn't until he had proof.

For some people, even proof isn't enough.

Caleb

Lex

Quote from: Dietrich Bonhoeffer on June 09, 2006, 08:28 PM NHFT
QuoteOkay, so how do I stick my hand into Jesus' side?

The million dollar question, Lex, is this:

If tomorrow you were given incontrovertible proof that Jesus is who he says he is, how would you feel?

If your will is sincere, I might be able to help you "stick your hand in Jesus' side" ...

If your will is bent away from it, then nothing can make you believe.  Thomas wanted to believe, but couldn't until he had proof.

For some people, even proof isn't enough.

Caleb

If I were to meet Jesus Christ I would believe that he exists but what would that change? I'm not fanatical about believing or disbalieving in him. If he exists, fine, if he doesn't, that's fine too. I guess I just don't see the point. Why would I want to have a relationship with him? I'm married and I have a kid, plus I'm not homosexual so having a personal relationship with another dude would be kinda awkward if you know what i mean...

tracysaboe

Dude their are more definitions of "personal" then just sexual.

Tracy

Lex

Quote from: tracysaboe on June 09, 2006, 08:49 PM NHFT
Dude their are more definitions of "personal" then just sexual.

Okay, well, personal relationship just sounds weird.