• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Both NH Senators against Gay marriage ban

Started by Fluff and Stuff, June 07, 2006, 04:12 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluff and Stuff

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060607/ap_on_go_co/gay_marriage_18

John Sununu shows once again while he is rated as the most pro-freedom Senator in the nation.  Also, Gregg called for less laws and this is a top news story.  Maybe somone could do a LTE about this  :D

I think Gregg is on to something, less federal laws...more local control.  Maybe we should contact him about supporting the Hemp bill that will reduce the feds role in Hemp law.

Highlights
QuoteSupporters lost three key "yes" votes. Two Republicans changed their votes from yes in 2004 to no this time: Sens. Judd Gregg of New Hampshire and Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania. And Sen. Chuck Hagel (news, bio, voting record), R-Neb., did not vote this time because he was traveling with Bush.

All told, seven Republicans voted to kill the amendment. The four others were Sens. Lincoln Chafee of Rhode Island, Susan Collins of Maine, John McCain of Arizona, Olympia Snowe of Maine and John Sununu of New Hampshire.

Gregg said that in 2004, he believed the Massachusetts Supreme Court decision legalizing same-sex marriage in that state would undermine the prerogatives of other states, like his, to prohibit such unions.

"Fortunately, such legal pandemonium has not ensued," Gregg said in a statement. "The past two years have shown that federalism, not more federal laws, is a viable and preferable approach."

John

That's good.  I expect this from Sen. Sununu (also #1 according to the National Taxpayers Union - among other things) but, I think Gregg needs to be more consistant.

Judd Gregg burned us - BIG TIME - on the National ID.
Maybe Gregg would like to have sexual preference on HIS national ID cards?  If National ID passes these cards are his.

Fluff and Stuff

I called into FTL about this and later Dave called in about it :)  Ian got confused and said that John called in about it, but it is understandable because John did call in about something else and both of us mentioned the Free State Project  :P

BTW, Ian would not make a correction, even after I asked him to, because he is controlled by the globalists  ;D

Pat K

FTL_Ian

I had a meeting with my illuminati masters after the show tonight...   :icon_pirat:

John

So are they going to "let" us have a (at least one) free state?