• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

The Dome Thread

Started by tracysaboe, June 13, 2006, 02:03 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

tracysaboe

Per Russell's Suggestion. . .

Post everything Dome Related here.

Tracy

aries

What is a dome, in this context?

Are they conceptual or for sale?

tracysaboe

QuoteDo we need a dome thread?

http://www.monolithic.com/thedome/index.html

Kat even knows a guy that works there in Italy TX ..... pronounced itlee

They're kits you can buy to build your house with in a dome as far as I know. I don't know much about it. It was just cluttering up the underground house thread :)

Tracy

Lloyd Danforth

I have a copy of 'DomeBook 2'  I'll try to remember to bring it to SD/P'fest.

Pat K

KBCraig

I've been working on a dome. It's been rising up out of my hair for several years now....

Kat Kanning

Do you have to pump it up with air for it to keep its shape...like when they're building their cement domes?

aries

My biggest question now is..

Why a dome and not a traditional house?

The first FSPer brave enough to go survivalist and build their own house in NH should have an FSP "barn-raising," so we could all go help put it together and finish it off.

Pat K

Domes are extremly energy efficiant and can take huge wind and wieght loads, they dont burn to well either.

tracysaboe

What about lateral stress? Can I put in in the ground to get the heating benifits of an underground house.

(Oh, there I go. Hijacking my Dome thread so the underground house one doesn't get cluttered by cluttering it with underground house stuff  :o  I tell ya. Some people.)

Tracy

FrankChodorov

QuoteCan I put in in the ground to get the heating benifits of an underground house

the company I worked for spray foamed a partially underground monolithic dome in the upper valley of NH...

Kat Kanning

My friend said that the domes will stand up to tornados.

Russell Kanning

Nice for handling rain .... very insulated if it is made thick......could be backfilled or dug in I would imagine.

Since it has been raining every day ..... a really tight roof sounds good. :)

Russell Kanning

FTL_Ian

Domes rock.  I plan on having one someday.  Need more wealth first though.   8)