• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Has anyone moved to NH with pets in tow?

Started by 9thmoon, June 13, 2006, 04:52 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

davemincin

Quote from: Jon Maltz on June 14, 2006, 01:22 PM NHFT
Maybe he slipped into business mode by accident.

Even I must eat from time to time. :)

davemincin

Quote from: KBCraig on June 14, 2006, 01:48 PM NHFT
Quote from: cathleeninnh on June 14, 2006, 09:14 AM NHFT
Looks like Dave has reconciled with his "I"s.

Maybe he followed Lloyd around, picking up excess commas, and redeemed them for a personal pronoun.  ;)

Well Lloyd is my hero! ;D  Just can't spend too much time over here, got two new smites, just for stopping by! :D

KBCraig

Quote from: davemincin on June 14, 2006, 03:41 PM NHFT
Just can't spend too much time over here, got two new smites, just for stopping by! :D

I just countered one of 'em.

Ron Helwig

BTW, I think you (and everyone else  :D) should look in the Deerfield/Northwood/Epsom area. I'd be glad to help you look around, on my free time of course. Being that I'm expecting to be laid off in the next couple weeks, I might have a lot of free time.

9thmoon

Quote from: Ron Helwig on June 14, 2006, 08:08 PM NHFT
BTW, I think you (and everyone else  :D) should look in the Deerfield/Northwood/Epsom area. I'd be glad to help you look around, on my free time of course. Being that I'm expecting to be laid off in the next couple weeks, I might have a lot of free time.

Way too far north for me.  #1 location requirement is 1 hour +/- to Boston. 
I do appreciate the thought, though!

9thmoon

Quote from: davemincin on June 14, 2006, 08:52 AM NHFT
Quote from: 9thmoon on June 13, 2006, 07:11 PM NHFT
Quote from: katdillon on June 13, 2006, 06:20 PM NHFT
For real estate, try Dave Mincin 603-767-8935 (seacoast) or Dave Walthour 603-254-4052.

Thanks, Kat!
What is "seacoast"?  I've seen other folks using it and assume it means ... well... Portsmouth and the surrounding areas.  Would that be correct? 

9thmoon....NH is divided into 7 regions, the Seacoast being one of them.  Porsmouth is just one of many small cities, Dover, and Rochester are the other major cities, at least by NH standards.  Generally speaking anything east of Concord and south to the borders is called the Seacoast Region.  I have also helped folks find homes in the Concord- Manchester corridor.

Buying and closing in a week, would be next to impossible, even if it was a cash deal, given the need for inspections and such.  Basicly they are to protect you as buyers. Of course you could wave some of these requirements, but I would not suggest it.

Securing a pre-approval letter from a lending institution would help speed up the process, and if you desire I could help with that.  Having an idea were you want to live would also be helpful.  I have a number of contacts in other areas, that I believe are good folks, and could also assist you, should your requirement be out of the areas I usually work.

Please feel free to give me a buzz if I can be of any further assistance. 603 767 8935.

Dave

Thanks, Dave!  We haven't chosen an agent yet but we have a mortgage lined up already.  First, though, we need to sell <em>this</em> house -- looking at mid-August to put this on the market in Seattle.  The my spouse will be making a trip east to find us a home.