• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Border Patrol checkpoint on I-93 south of Lincoln

Started by aries, June 14, 2006, 02:36 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

NC2NH

As of 1:15 AM today there were no checkpoints on southbound I-93 between Franconia Notch and Penacook. Lots of fog, though. Be careful out there.

Dave Ridley

Today I called Colonel Booth, the head of the state police regarding their involvement in the sobriety checkpoints in, I believe, Rockingham County, and also asked if they were involved in the Fed checkpoint on I-93 that Aries mentioned.   He seemed to indicate they were not involved in the Fed checkpoints unless it had something to do with commercial vechicles.    He said they *are* invovled in the sobriety checkponits but didn't know how much it cost the state taxpayer each time they pitch in.   I asked if they stop people who are not suspected of a crime, he said they stop randomly.  I asked if he ever felt uncomfortable stopping people who were not suspected of anything, he said basically "no, because we are doing it for the public safety."   He also mentioned that they announce the checkpoints and their locations in the paper.  I said what about the public liberty?  He said that was covered by going through the courts and the papers.

He said the NH Hwy Safety folks know more about the expenses invovled.

I thanked him for taking my call and for his time but said their are some real concerns about these checkpoints.

Russell Kanning

aries

It seems to have disappeared after those few days it was there.

I'll be driving south on 93 tomorrow for the first time in months