• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

New June '06 FSP DVD Available for Download!

Started by d_goddard, June 28, 2006, 03:14 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

d_goddard

Quote from: Jared on July 06, 2006, 04:26 PM NHFT
ok i downloaded the file, but i don't know how to open it. my mac says it can't open the file. i'm completely lost here, since i don't even know what an ISO file is...?

To watch it on your computer, you can try
http://www.videolan.org/

Any DVD-burning software (Nero, or google for "Free DVD Burner" to get links like http://www.burn4free.com/ ) can be used to burn the .ISO directly to a "DVD-R" disc. Just about any recent (last 5-6 years) DVD player can play DVD-R.

FTL_Ian

Recumbent ReCycler

I downloaded utorrent then downloaded the video, but I don't know what to do now.  I tried clicking on the play button, but it didn't do anything.

KBCraig

Quote from: Defender of Liberty on July 06, 2006, 05:54 PM NHFT
I downloaded utorrent then downloaded the video, but I don't know what to do now.  I tried clicking on the play button, but it didn't do anything.

The .ISO file is a disk image. You have to mount it, and then it will look just like a physical DVD to your computer.

Dunno how to do that with Windows.

Thespis

I could never get it to work. I downloaded the torrent twice. The first DVD-RW I tried got an error using Deep Burner from the site (Nero wouldn't recognize the .ISO). The second DVD-RW I tried wrote fine, but when I went to open the disk, my computer shows it as still being blank, even though I can physically see where the data was written to the disk.

I'll try that link above to see if I can view the file on my machine.

Thespis

I can view it using that VLC player you linked to.

Jared

Jared

Quote from: KBCraig on July 06, 2006, 05:58 PM NHFT
Quote from: Defender of Liberty on July 06, 2006, 05:54 PM NHFT

The .ISO file is a disk image. You have to mount it, and then it will look just like a physical DVD to your computer.

when i try to mount in on my mac, it just says "unable to open" and then the ISO file name...?

Pat McCotter

Quote from: d_goddard on July 06, 2006, 04:37 PM NHFT
Quote from: Jared on July 06, 2006, 04:26 PM NHFT
ok i downloaded the file, but i don't know how to open it. my mac says it can't open the file. i'm completely lost here, since i don't even know what an ISO file is...?

To watch it on your computer, you can try
http://www.videolan.org/

Any DVD-burning software (Nero, or google for "Free DVD Burner" to get links like http://www.burn4free.com/ ) can be used to burn the .ISO directly to a "DVD-R" disc. Just about any recent (last 5-6 years) DVD player can play DVD-R.

Thanks, Dennis! I don't have a DVD recorder and this worked great. Just drag and drop onto it.

KBCraig

Quote from: Jared on July 06, 2006, 09:59 PM NHFT

when i try to mount in on my mac, it just says "unable to open" and then the ISO file name...?

Are you running OS X? When you double-click the .ISO file, it should launch Disk Utility and then mount the volume right on the desktop. Then you can launch the DVD player and use file/open to open the video_ts file on the mounted volume. That's what works for me (running 10.2.8).

Kevin

Jared

Quote from: KBCraig on July 06, 2006, 10:48 PM NHFT
Quote from: Jared on July 06, 2006, 09:59 PM NHFT

Are you running OS X? When you double-click the .ISO file, it should launch Disk Utility and then mount the volume right on the desktop. Then you can launch the DVD player and use file/open to open the video_ts file on the mounted volume. That's what works for me (running 10.2.8).

Kevin

the only thing that happens when i double-click the iso file is disk copy comes up and says that it can't open it. i am also running 10.2.8

KBCraig

Quote from: Jared on July 06, 2006, 11:22 PM NHFT
the only thing that happens when i double-click the iso file is disk copy comes up and says that it can't open it. i am also running 10.2.8

(I meant to say Disk Copy, not "Disk Utility". Brain cramp.)

It sounds like you've just got a corrupted copy. I believe I went through that with a previous version of the FSP video. Try deleting the folder named "Free State Project Video v1.4", then try again.

Not a happy answer. Sorry!

Kevin

Jared

Quote from: KBCraig on July 07, 2006, 01:23 AM NHFT
Quote from: Jared on July 06, 2006, 11:22 PM NHFT

(I meant to say Disk Copy, not "Disk Utility". Brain cramp.)

It sounds like you've just got a corrupted copy. I believe I went through that with a previous version of the FSP video. Try deleting the folder named "Free State Project Video v1.4", then try again.

Not a happy answer. Sorry!

Kevin

tried downloading it again, same result :(

FTL_Ian

Try it under windows or linux.

Funny, I'd heard mac was getting better!

KBCraig

Quote from: Jared on July 07, 2006, 10:39 PM NHFT
tried downloading it again, same result :(

Which BT client are you using? TomatoTorrent was the only one that worked for me.