• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Cop Watch Participants

Started by TackleTheWorld, June 30, 2006, 08:40 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

We have made it a habit in Keene to go up and scope out the situation whenever we she a cop interacting with normal people.
It would be better if we had cameras, but something is better than nothing. More people/cameras are prefered, but we can't wait for backup. :)

I deputize any and all of you to represent and report for the Keene Free Press. If you want a namebadge like we have, you can get one from Kat. They have come in handy. Down the road we will print multiple press cards so they can jangle around our necks. :) The cop at the airport seemed to be satisfied with my badge.

FTL_Ian

Yes, official badges go a long way.  Great idea!

Recumbent ReCycler

Ooh, I want a press pass/name badge! 

Insurgent

If offical badges are being made, I'd like to get one.

For those unaware, there's a copwatch website: www.CopWatch.com  Check out some of the funny pictures!

Kat Kanning

Henry McElroy was wanting people to become Justices of the Peace and to keep an eye on police interactions as one of their duties.  John Babiarz became a Justice, but I don't know what he's done with it, other than perform Joel and Amy's wedding.  I'm sure if you contacted Henry, he'd tell you about the idea in extreme detail.

Dave Ridley

<<I'm sure if you contacted Henry, he'd tell you about the idea in extreme detail.>>

EXTREME detail

d_goddard

... and try and recruit you to patrol our northern border  ::)
Henry's a great guy, I want him on my side in a fight. You just have to know when to quietly step back and let him go off on his own battles.

Jared

so have we decided on a way to do this without ending up in jail? i imagine they'd catch on to the whole press pass thing after a little while...

Russell Kanning

Kat could make custom ones for you.
The normal ones say

Keene Free Press
Reporter

The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

You could have "copwatch" put on it or something.

Kat Kanning

For those who want name tags, could you give me the name you want on it? 

Bruehound

Is there a technology that would allow the cam to wirelessly stream video to a laptop in the trunk...and then even one step better...to have the laptop using a cellular modem to ftp to the web

scott

d_goddard

Quote from: Jared on July 12, 2006, 08:55 PM NHFT
so have we decided on a way to do this without ending up in jail?
Yes!
Change the law to make it 100% clear that taping the cops is legal.
That way, even if the cops you're taping ignore the law and start hassling you, you can get other cops to come hassle them. They duke it out in the courts while we wait on the outside. :)
I'm getting great feedback from the RLCNH, NHLA, and others. I plan to get the ball formally rolling next week when I return to Concord.

Quote from: Bruehound on July 13, 2006, 12:26 PM NHFT
Is there a technology that would allow the cam to wirelessly stream video to a laptop in the trunk...and then even one step better...to have the laptop using a cellular modem to ftp to the web
Yes, this can be done.

Easiest way is if we first focus on places like Nashua, Manch, and Concord where there are wireless hubs about (good antennas can do wonders). We can also play with boosting an 802.11 signal, um, only to the exact limit of what the FCC will allow (ahem!)

Using a cellphone connection for data is expensive and slow, but should be fine for audio if the crew is not near a wi-fi hotspot. We can then get the video uploaded later, but we'd have audio evidence uploaded to the web where it cannot physically be confiscated.

Jared

Quote from: d_goddard on July 13, 2006, 05:54 PM NHFT
Quote from: Jared on July 12, 2006, 08:55 PM NHFT
so have we decided on a way to do this without ending up in jail?
Yes!
That way, even if the cops you're taping ignore the law and start hassling you, you can get other cops to come hassle them. They duke it out in the courts while we wait on the outside. :)
I'm getting great feedback from the RLCNH, NHLA, and others. I plan to get the ball formally rolling next week when I return to Concord.

this is very exciting! let me know what i can do, i'm sort of new to this whole activism thing..

d_goddard

Quote from: Jared on July 13, 2006, 07:20 PM NHFT

this is very exciting! let me know what i can do, i'm sort of new to this whole activism thing..

Yeah! Another person willing to work within the system to fix the system! (the most obvious and direct route, in my opinion, and the one with best results so far, viz-a-viz, the smoking ban, homeschooling, etc)

There will be nothing to do on this specific issue for a few months -- not until after the Nov. elections. Once the legislature convenes, we'll need people to call and write their Reps in support of the bill. With 400 Reps, that is a hell of a lot of work, so the more people, the better.

Until then, please please do anything you can to get "our" people -- Free Staters, and sympathizers, elected into office. Rearden posts on here, he's running; so is Phil Greazzo (of NHORML); so is Dawn, and many others. Come to the Porc meetings (Seacoast or Merrimack Valley) and/or NHLA meetings to keep in the loop on those races, and see what help the various candidates are seeking -- usually knocking on doors, putting up signs, etc.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: d_goddard on July 13, 2006, 07:26 PM NHFT
Quote from: Jared on July 13, 2006, 07:20 PM NHFT

Yeah! Another person willing to work within the system to fix the system! (the most obvious and direct route, in my opinion, and the one with best results so far, viz-a-viz, the smoking ban, homeschooling, etc)

There will be nothing to do on this specific issue for a few months -- not until after the Nov. elections.
Sure there is ..... actually doing the copwatch idea that started this thread. We are not waiting for permission from the government.