• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Liberty Tattoo Ideas?

Started by Bruehound, July 01, 2006, 08:43 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

Friday

I got my phoenix done at Hobo's Tattoo in Portsmouth.  http://www.portsmouthtattoo.com/  I'm pleased with how it came out. Sorry, but I don't have a photo.

Puke

Lloyd Danforth

Electronic symbol for resistance, I believe

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: sandm000 on September 11, 2007, 02:03 PM NHFT
Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on September 11, 2007, 01:42 PM NHFT
It only matters if that's what people will first think when they see you using the symbol for your own purposes. Think of how most people think Nazis when they see a swastika, or racism when they see the Confederate battle flag.

I think I was trying to prove that point, by saying that it has first been adopted by feminists, then by lesbians, then by Greeks, so you can take your pick as to who pops into mind first when you see that image. 

And people should think of the nazis when they see a swastika,

Not really. Some people will think "Nazis" when they see, for example, this, which certainly isn't a Nazi swastika.

Quote from: sandm000 on September 11, 2007, 02:03 PM NHFT
but they shouldn't think about racism when they see the Beauregard's flag.  They should think about the restriction of states rights and the increase in size and scope of the federal government.  But they don't they think it was all about slavery.  We should rename the Civil War the Slaver War. (at least one side could be accurately described)

It already has plenty of other more neutral-sounding names to choose from. I prefer The War between the States, or just The States War to shorten it.

picaro

Llloyd is correct.  The symbol I posted is for resistor... homonymous with resister. :)

ThePug

I've always loved a torch as a symbol of both liberty and enlightenment, but I'm not sure if it's the sort of thing I'd get for a tattoo.

Perhaps a quote? Text can be stylized, and there's no room for confusion with it.

Insurgent

Quote from: ThePug on September 12, 2007, 12:52 AM NHFT
I've always loved a torch as a symbol of both liberty and enlightenment, but I'm not sure if it's the sort of thing I'd get for a tattoo.

Perhaps a quote? Text can be stylized, and there's no room for confusion with it.

A good friend of mine has one based on that idea

[attachment deleted by admin]

frisco

I went with the torch as well.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Friday

Quote from: Insurgent on September 12, 2007, 06:02 PM NHFT

Hey, that picture gives me an idea... Morey, you should change the spelling of your name so it looks like "Death" in Latin.  >:D

Insurgent

Quote from: Friday on September 12, 2007, 08:35 PM NHFT
Quote from: Insurgent on September 12, 2007, 06:02 PM NHFT

Hey, that picture gives me an idea... Morey, you should change the spelling of your name so it looks like "Death" in Latin.  >:D

:laughing4:

sandm000

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on September 11, 2007, 09:48 PM NHFT
Not really. Some people will think "Nazis" when they see, for example, this, which certainly isn't a Nazi swastika.
You are correct, I should have said "people should think of nazis when they see a Hakenkreuz"

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on September 11, 2007, 09:48 PM NHFT
It already has plenty of other more neutral-sounding names to choose from. I prefer The War between the States, or just The States War to shorten it.
I deliberately tried to make it sound offensive.

Jared

i've considered getting ian's free marketeer flag on my arm, but i'd rather have something original - or designed just for me. unfortunately, i have no artistic talent. what do you think of a rattlesnake coiled around a representation of the liberty tree? only thing is people might mistake it for the serpent from genesis