• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Free Jim Perry from MA!!!

Started by Kat Kanning, December 31, 2004, 06:31 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: JonM on January 03, 2005, 05:36 PM NHFT
Quote from: DadaOrwell on January 03, 2005, 03:33 PM NHFT
) pump gas while checking his oil.? In mass you can't do that because they've banned those little chit things that keep the nozzle trigger depressed.? ?What are those things called anyway...

In my case, an empty water bottle . . .

I use my gas cap.

jcpliberty

Well, I got my license yesterday. I official wait in line to submit my application was only 20 minutes... compared to the normal wait time of 2 hours backin Massachusetts.

JP

Kat Kanning

We've got a little over a week before this event.  Let's make sure we're all ready.

L'il JP, will the press releases go out this week?
I'll be responsible for getting JP's chains.
Hopefully everyone who shows can bring some FSP material to hand out.  I will come up with a event-specific flyer, unless Jim's got something already.
Lloyd, are you available for this with your big sign and bolt cutters?
Seth Cohn offered to bring his cam and film the event.
Can someone volunteer to find out where the Nashua cams there can be viewed, if anywhere?
Can someone in Nashua drop by there and make sure there's a good sign to strap L'il JP to?
What else do we need?

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: katdillon on January 05, 2005, 08:03 AM NHFT
Lloyd, are you available for this with your big sign and bolt cutters?

Yup!

Russell Kanning

For those that are scouting out the location:
Where should Lloyd park his van?
Where should we all park while this is going on? Should we park clear of the area to give visibility or should we all park right there to add to the insanity of the scene?

Russell Kanning

Hey JP,
Could you create a flyer that we could hand out during the chaining portion?

jcpliberty

I have not created a flyer... which location are we doing this... the State Highway 3 or Route 3A? Anyone want to come by perhaps tomorrow Friday to scout the area with me?

JP

Dave Ridley

Is there a way jim could cut up his MASS DL during the press event?  Or does that cut-up have to be done at the DMV?

Dave Ridley

Jim I have a Glock and holster you can use if you want to do the gun part.   I'll plan on making sure that happens for you even if I can't be there (assuming you are cool with putting it on as we've been discussin). I do think we should concentrate on Jim rather than having 5 of us all trying to strap on guns at the same time....that will just complicate things without making for improved pictures.

Dave Ridley

We need to get the word out about this thing...those of you who can please spread the word via the email addies you have and by using the "be the media" guide at

http://freestateproject.org/about/essay_archive/BeTheMedia.php

Usually I do this but will not be able to do as much as usual this week because of work; also I have to work the day of the event so can't be there in person :( 

Dave Ridley

We're going to need to let MA media know about this, especially in the towns near the event.   Can I get a confirmation from someone that jim is in fact going to do 4 things in 4 minutes that are illegal in MA?   Are we all agreed that this is a good thing for him to do? 

Dave Ridley

I'll work up a press release if one does not already exist, should have it done today.

Dave Ridley

Hey I don't see a hwy 3a on the map near the NH border...did you mean Hwy 3 entering Nashua?   At exit 1?  about 1/3 of a mile west of Pheasant lane Mall?

Here is a rough version of the release, fill in holes where you can, makek suggestions, Jim lemme know if you are willing to do the things advertised here:

Man to "break" 4 MA laws in 4 Minutes

Jim Perry of ____ has always resented the many rules and taxes that regulate his life in Massacusetts.  But on Sunday, he will do something about it.

In celebration of his 20th birthday, Jim will stage a colorful "escape."  Chained to the ill-named "Welcome to Massachusetts" sign, Jim will break free and make a symbolic dash across the New Hampshire border, where he will finally become a free citizen.

Once in the Live Free or Die state, he will do four things in four minutes which would be illegal just a hundred yards to the south.  These will include strapping on a pistol and ripping up his Massachusetts income tax forms.

Jim and his friends, part of a movement known as the Free State Project, hope his example will inspire other Massachusetts freedom lovers to make the escape as well.  They are hoping to lure a total of 20,000 pro-liberty individuals to New Hampshire as reinforcements for the state's Live Free or Die culture.   6300 have signed up so far and at least 70 of those have already made the move.

For more information on this worldwide "Escape to New Hampshire" movement, visit www.FreeStateProject.org

See you Sunday!

Place: ______

Time: 2PM, Sunday Jan. 16 2005

Contacts:  (Jim, Kat...will list both of their emails and both of their numbers if ok )

---

Russell Kanning

We shouldn't do this on the freeway. We should do it on 3A Daniel Webster Hwy/Middlesex Road so we can park legally and be able to cross to the NH side safely and easily. We need the local Nashua guys to scope it out to see exactly where we should park and such.
Do we want to park on the side of the road to create more of a "scene"? Or all park at the mall so there is good visibility for sign holders and poor chained JP?

Russell Kanning