• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Free Jim Perry from MA!!!

Started by Kat Kanning, December 31, 2004, 06:31 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

Kat Kanning

OK how does this sound?

For Immediate Release
January 13, 2005
SUBJECT: Freestater Breaks his Chains from Massachusetts
Email: kdillon@freestateproject.org
Phone: 603-357-2049

Jim Perry is fed up with high taxes and the nanny state in Massachusetts.  He had decided to join the biggest freedom movement in the country, the Free State Project* and break his chains.  To symbolize this event, he will chain himself to a "Leaving Massachusetts" sign.  Freestaters will then break his bonds and release him into New Hampshire.  Once there, he will celebrate some of the freedoms one immediately gains when crossing the border:  he will destroy a MA income tax form; he will drive a car without a seatbelt; he will openly carry a handgun, reveling in the freedom to protect himself and his loved ones.  Members of the Free State Project will be there to welcome him to the state and cheer him on.

Date:  January 16, 2005
Time:  2pm
Location:  Alongside Route 3A (Daniel Webster Highway) , Nashua, NH at the MA border

*  The Free State Project is a plan in which 20,000 or more liberty-oriented people will move to New Hampshire, where they may work within the political system to reduce the size and scope of government. The success of the Free State Project would likely entail reductions in burdensome taxation and regulation, reforms in state and local law, an end to federal mandates, and a restoration of constitutional federalism, demonstrating the benefits of liberty to the rest of the nation and the world.

###

jcpliberty

Quote from: katdillon on January 12, 2005, 04:14 PM NHFT
OK how does this sound?

For Immediate Release
January 13, 2005

Jim Perry is fed up with high taxes and the nanny state in Massachusetts.  He had decided to join the biggest freedom movement in the country, the Free State Project* and break his chains.  To symbolize this event, he will chain himself to a "Leaving Massachusetts" sign.  Freestaters will then break his bonds and release him into New Hampshire.  Once there, he will celebrate some of the freedoms one immediately gains when crossing the border:  he will destroy a MA income tax form; he will drive a car without a seatbelt; he will openly carry a handgun, reveling in the freedom to protect himself and his loved ones.  Members of the Free State Project will be there to welcome him to the state and cheer him on.

Location:  Alongside Route 3A (Daniel Webster Highway) , Nashua, NH at the MA border

*  The Free State Project is a plan in which 20,000 or more liberty-oriented people will move to New Hampshire, where they may work within the political system to reduce the size and scope of government. The success of the Free State Project would likely entail reductions in burdensome taxation and regulation, reforms in state and local law, an end to federal mandates, and a restoration of constitutional federalism, demonstrating the benefits of liberty to the rest of the nation and the world.

###

Sounds good.

JP

John

I have ZERO interest in self-promotion, but if you want the Salem Evening News (probably the most read paper on Boston's North Shore) to cover this, all they need is the local interest stuff.  Jim is a former Salem (Ma.) resident.  I was born and spent most of my life there.
  I did not wright my song for anyone but myself!  But, I gave it to the FSP in the hope that (as many suggested) it might be useful.  If it is mentioned that it can be found on the FSP site (perhaps with the link info), it just might get a few people to go there.  Many folks around Salem would recall the (nick) name "Jack Connell" from when I played in a band (and played hockey, etc.) down there.
  The other (weekly) paper there is the North Shore Sunday.  I have been on the front page (with color picture) of both of those papers before: the SEN for the first Jury Rights Day, and NSS (standing out in the snow, dressed in colonial looking garb, protesting) when Clinton spoke in town.  So these two papers might remember me.  And, the SEN may remember Jim from LTEs.
  Use me if you chose.
  Without the local interest stuff, I think they will not cover this.  With it, I think they will.

Kat Kanning

Thanks John, I'll send some info to the salem paper, mentioning you and jp.

Too bad we don't have some sort of prisoner/stripes outfit for JP to wear!  Then he could slip on "free" clothes when he got to NH.

John

Quote from: John on January 07, 2005, 10:47 AM NHFT
Jim,
For more ink, the Salem Evening News (Salem, Ma.) might like to get a Press Release with a little local spin.? Maybe include somthing like this:

One time Salem resident Jim Perry to make great escape . . . another (long time)former Salem resident, John Connell, joined the FSP in 2003, wrote a love song to New Hampshire called "Let Me Call You Home" on the 4th of July of that year, and headed for the boarder in early 2004 . . . Connel will participate in the Perry escape.

John Connell can be contacted at 603-890-0356.

You have this right?
Oh, and knowing how much we all like playing with fire, did we think of fireworks?

jgmaynard

That PR looks GREAT to me!

Should send it to the UL as well. Should go nicely with those "Live Free or Die" articles they just wrote....  ;D

JM

PattyE

Don't forget about the Eagle-Tribune!? Lots of Massachusetts exposure!

I spoke briefly with Steve Billingham, at the Eagle-Tribune, this morning.? He's the reporter who covers the Nashua area and is familiar with the FSP through other stories the Eagle-Tribune has written about the FSP.? I told him what was going to happen on Sunday and asked him if he would be interested in covering it.? He said he would be interested in receiving your press release, Kat, so he will know when, where, how, etc.? He said you can send it to:

sbillingham@eagletribune.com

Eagle -Tribune Publishing
100 Turnpike St.
North Andover, MA 01845
Phone: 978-946-2000
Fax: 978-685-1588

http://www.eagletribune.com

Eagle-Tribune Publishing has got its pulse on the northern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire region. The company publishes Massachusetts daily newspapers The Eagle-Tribune (Lawrence), The Salem News, the Gloucester Daily Times, and the Daily News (Newburyport). It also owns a handful of other daily and weekly papers in the region.

Kat Kanning

Thank you Patty!  I sent it to him.

Here's the revised release, for anyone who wants it:

For Immediate Release
January 13, 2005

Fed up with high taxes and the Massachusetts nanny State, Jim Perry has decided to join the
United States' fastest-growing freedom movement, the Free State Project, and publicly break his chains.  To symbolize this event, he will chain himself to a "Leaving Massachusetts" sign.  Freestaters will then break his bonds and release him into New Hampshire.  Once there, he will celebrate some of the freedoms one immediately gains when crossing the border:  he will destroy a MA income tax form; he will drive a car without a seatbelt; he will openly carry a handgun, reveling in the freedom to protect himself and his loved ones.  Members of the Free State Project will be there to welcome him to the state and cheer him on.

The Free State Project is a plan in which 20,000 or more liberty-oriented people will move to New Hampshire, where they may work within the political system to reduce the size and scope of government. The success of the Free State Project would likely entail reductions in burdensome taxation and regulation, reforms in state and local law, an end to federal mandates, and a restoration of constitutional federalism, demonstrating the benefits of liberty to the rest of the nation and the world.

Location:  Alongside Route 3A (Daniel Webster Highway), Nashua, NH at the MA border

###

Kat Kanning

Jim, I got chain that is coated in yellow, so that it would show up from a distance well.  If you wear dark colors, it will help people to see it.

No one has contacted me from the media about it.

Lloyd Danforth

JonM

How would it look to put a slash through Mass and at an angle paste Tax over it?

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

I love that sign. We could use that one over and over. :)

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: JonM on January 14, 2005, 05:51 PM NHFT
How would it look to put a slash through Mass and at an angle paste Tax over it?

Its a thought, but, would lose it's subtlety.