• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Free Jim Perry from MA!!!

Started by Kat Kanning, December 31, 2004, 06:31 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

We're chaining little Jim Perry to a "Welcome to Massachusettes" sign, right where all the MA people are crossing the border into NH to do their tax-free shopping.  Help us free him and escape to NH!  We'll be holding signs like "NH tax freedom!", "Escape to NH", "Free Jim Perry" with FSP url.  We'll be handing out FSP literature to the MA shoppers.  It'll be on Jan 16th, 2pm in Nashua.  We'll get some maps and such out soon.

Details here

jcpliberty

Quote from: katdillon on December 31, 2004, 06:31 AM NHFT
We're chaining little Jim Perry to a "Welcome to Massachusettes" sign, right where all the MA people are crossing the border into NH to do their tax-free shopping.  Help us free him and escape to NH!  We'll be holding signs like "NH tax freedom!", "Escape to NH", "Free Jim Perry" with FSP url.  We'll be handing out FSP literature to the MA shoppers.  It'll be on Jan 16th, 2pm in Nashua.  We'll get some maps and such out soon.

Details here

Little Jim Perry? LITTLE? I'm 6' 4" for crying out load... Little?

HAR HAR HAR!

;) Jim P. ;)

Russell Kanning

We will bring a couple of "white boards" for signs so we can change the signs from the Mass side to NH. :)
How about this one for next to the NH sign? "Honk if you love NH"

FTL_Ian

Dave Ridley

On the FSP forum, fisher wrote that there is some kind of  camera system which will
be photographing the area where we plan to do our stunt.
This is a long shot but I wonder if there is a way to stage this so that it is easy
for those cameras to see and for viewers to watch in NH....    Are there really
enough viewers for it to be worthwile?    Also I'm wondering how many viewers there
are who watch the traffic video these cameras broadcast (is that what they do, they
broadcast it? )

Russell Kanning

Interesting. Maybe we could point people to the webcam sites.  8)

jcpliberty

Quote from: russellkanning on January 01, 2005, 05:03 PM NHFT
Interesting. Maybe we could point people to the webcam sites.  8)

Sounds very cool!

Jim P.

Russell Kanning

Are there traffic cams on 3A at the border?

Russell Kanning

Kat was thinking that we could come up with a custom flyer for this event. Maybe we could make something specific to the FSP and MA residents.
Does someone want to whip up something? Otherwise Kat will design a simple one. :)

jcpliberty

Quote from: russellkanning on January 02, 2005, 03:32 PM NHFT
Are there traffic cams on 3A at the border?

I have no idea if there are traffic cams on the 3A border...

JP

jcpliberty

I am heading down to the DMV today to officially get my driver's license in New Hampshire. I called ahead and they said I must turn in my old, MA license. I asked if it were okay to cut it up before they took it, they said I could - only after seeing it. They also asked why... so I told them my story... they said they couldn;t blame me and will give mt eh scissors to cut it with!

LOL

JP

Russell Kanning

Take some pictures of that and upload them to the NH Underground wiki or anywhere. :)

Dave Ridley

OK how about we add something to the "escape from MA" protest...  Jim let me know if you'd be willing to do these things:

Once Jim crosses over into NH how about we have him do "five things in five minutes" which would be forbidden on the other side of the border.

Some of my ideas are:

) Drive 10 feet without a seatbelt
) Ride 10 feet on a motorcycle without a helmet
) Rip up his Mass Income Tax form
) Buy something without paying sales tax
) strap on a gun
) pump gas while checking his oil.  In mass you can't do that because they've banned those little chit things that keep the nozzle trigger depressed.   What are those things called anyway...

JonM

Quote from: DadaOrwell on January 03, 2005, 03:33 PM NHFT
) pump gas while checking his oil.? In mass you can't do that because they've banned those little chit things that keep the nozzle trigger depressed.? ?What are those things called anyway...

In my case, an empty water bottle . . .

Russell Kanning

We need to have one person at the NH border holding everyones guns and let them all strap them on when they get back to NH.  8)
It might be hard to put those all in 5 minutes. Maybe just stick with the big ones.

*Strap on a gun
*Tear up a MA tax form
*Drive without a seatbelt
*Ride a motorcycle without a helmet
all of these can be quick and on camera (right at the border) if they are there.
(Since we are going to a mall afterwards to party and hand out flyers) Buy something sales tax free