• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Freedom Insurance

Started by tracysaboe, July 06, 2006, 07:47 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

That's really great, but what does it have to do with Freedom Insurance?

Pat McCotter

Nothing. I got sidetracked from another train of thought..

Dave Ridley

me having many more ideas on this but no time to write them down...
mo latah

Dave Ridley

Here is something else I might be willing to do to support an endeavor like this:

1) Make a relatively low interest loan to Freedom Insurance, if I trusted the person(s) running it sufficiently and felt they had a good plan.

2) Pledge to donate X number of hours to helping each client that suffers a legit claim.

However I'm not interested in starting such a business myself, at least not in the forseeable future.  Are any of the rest of you? 

reteo

What a great idea.  As of right now, I'm going to get started on a possible business plan to start this sucker up.

Since I'm not yet in New Hampshire, however, there's a couple things I'd like to know:

1: Does anyone here know an attorney or firm who would be willing to deal with such an organization?  If so, what would their normal fees be (for financial analysis)?

2: Is there anyone who knows someone who would seed such a venture?  This is not as important a question as #1, as I'm still not certain how much seed money would be required without constructing the financials.

3: Any idea for a good, memetically effective name?

4: Any other ideas?

Russell Kanning

lawyers? .... we don't need no stinkin' lawyers.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 27, 2006, 11:43 PM NHFT
lawyers? .... we don't need no stinkin' lawyers.

"Lawyers could be an important source of protein."

reteo

In any battle, you need to know three things.  Yourself, your enemy, and the landscape you both shall traverse.

We should know ourselves, and our enemy is quite obvious.  However, the landscape is not completely stacked in their favor.  It would behoove us to find allies who know the land intimately, and can chart pathways through which we can strike at the heart of the corruption and come away smelling like roses.

Since we will not, at this time, fight this war with weapons, it helps to have attorneys and/or paralegals on our side who know the ins and outs of the legal landscape, and have the ability to research the vast libraries of case studies and precedents.

You never know when a little-known law might just tip the scales.

Dave Ridley

I think there may be a place for attorneys in such an organization, I also think it would be harder for them to shut down 2 Freedom Insurance companies than one, if you are still thinking about starting one yourself reteo.   On the other hand it's conceivable my idea could fail to "go" and yours would fly, in which case I would hope to help you if you want help.

I think if I get such a company off the ground I will leave attorneys out of the picture at first and then maybe use them later if we get to the point where we can handle the added complexity and expense.   But I could change my mind and go from scratch with attorneys I guess. 

My experience with observing them trying to "help" people like barbara burbank is that they are more of a drain than a benefit.  Barbara hasn't really been touched by the town of Hampton in its zoning dispute, they just put enough fear in her to make her hire a lawyer, and then let his fees do most of the harm.

also they will not take certain cases like Ed Brown's case with the IRS becuase they are afraid of being disbarred for making "unacceptable arguments."   Try telling a peasant like me I can't make an "unacceptable argument" while I'm standing in front of the perpetrator's office!   Even the best attorneys may be simply too intimidated to be consistently useful, but I agree there are cases where they can help.

BTW if i forgot to say so before...welcome to NHfree.com ! ! !

reteo

Maybe so.  At this time, I don't really see the numbers I'd like; seeing as we are trying to fight the very thing your typical lawyer makes megabucks  off of.

On the other hand, it would still be prudent, as I've thought about it, to have the services of paralegals, whose specialty is in legal research.  Allied attorneys, however, would be helpful, if for no other reason than to prevent me from being represented by one chosen by the court, and it would allow me to stall the cops by refusing to talk until I see my attorney.

The thing I am running against a brick wall about is money.  I might be able to acquire enough policies in order to cover the costs of such an effort, but there's no certainty it would work right now.  It would also break my heart to ignore those people who are fighting the system without a policy for my services.

It would probably be better if this initial run is a nonprofit organization, for the reasons that it will allow us to accept donations as well as other fundraising efforts, offers some protection from taxes for those professionals who donate their services to the cause, thereby giving an incentive for legal and media professionals to work with us, and allows us to support anyone who seeks freedom from tyranny in nonviolent ways.

Then, once we're able to run independent of donations, non-charity initiatives can arise to replace the non-profit.

tracysaboe

Quote from: DadaOrwell on August 28, 2006, 05:07 AM NHFT
also they will not take certain cases like Ed Brown's case with the IRS becuase they are afraid of being disbarred for making "unacceptable arguments." 

Isn't that the sickest height of conflict of interest? They have to get a license from the state -- so they can defend people from the state!

Tracy

Dave Ridley

Ya, and that is a problem with your nonprofit idea reteo....a non profit also has to get permission from the Feds to be 501(c)3 or what not.  And the state can then use that as leverage or deny it, and you lose all kinds of valuable time for naught, having gone through alll their paperwork hoops.   That's what happend to the free state project and it lost some members in the process who objected to them requesteing such a "license" from the state.  Liberty Scholarship Fund also wasted its time on a rejected 501(c)3 I believe.    At least if you don't apply for that status, you don't waste the time applying....and it is a large amount of time and uncertainty if u include the waiting on a decision.

reteo

I'm certainly not arguing against that fact.  *shrug* Well, I'm a computer geek, so perhaps writing a business plan is not the best use of my talents.  I'll just leave it to those people who know their stuff, and I'll just focus on making things happen for those who have ideas.

Dave Ridley

hey i'm not saying don't start something, but I am just suggesting don't try 501c3

FTL_Ian

Yes, I suggest avoiding asking govt for permission to do anything.