• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Georgist Question

Started by Dreepa, July 10, 2006, 12:55 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

CNHT

Quote from: FrankChodorov on July 10, 2006, 09:43 PM NHFT
QuoteThe permise to your theory is that we own the earth in common and if you exclude someone you have to compensate them, well what do you compensate them with?

a lien on the appreciating land value that then becomes the non-redeemable backing of a rent voucher local currency system.

It was the Dreepa's chickens what done it to me, honestly. This is getting so comical.......

Lex

QuoteThe permise to your theory is that we own the earth in common and if you exclude someone you have to compensate them, well what do you compensate them with?

a lien on the appreciating land value that then becomes the non-redeemable backing of a rent voucher local currency system.

Again, what if there are no apartment for rent?

FrankChodorov

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on July 10, 2006, 10:11 PM NHFT

and why would there be no apartments for rent?

if there is a market need for apartments people will provide them...

Lex

Quote from: FrankChodorov on July 10, 2006, 10:13 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lex Berezhny on July 10, 2006, 10:11 PM NHFT

and why would there be no apartments for rent?

if there is a market need for apartments people will provide them...

That's not guaranteed, there might be a few apartment buildings all filled up and the demand is not high enough to build another building but there are still a few people who need a place to stand.

FrankChodorov

QuoteThat's not guaranteed, there might be a few apartment buildings all filled up and the demand is not high enough to build another building but there are still a few people who need a place to stand.

having a place to stand is not the same as having a place to live...

Lex

Quote from: FrankChodorov on July 10, 2006, 10:55 PM NHFT
QuoteThat's not guaranteed, there might be a few apartment buildings all filled up and the demand is not high enough to build another building but there are still a few people who need a place to stand.

By place to stand I am implying having your own property, if you have a piece of property that you can stand on it then you can also live on it. Do you have a different understanding of what "place to stand on" means?

tracysaboe

What if people don't want to use your fnacy smancy currency system?

You going to institute legal tender laws like the current Federal Maffia.

Tracy

FrankChodorov

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on July 10, 2006, 11:12 PM NHFT
Quote from: FrankChodorov on July 10, 2006, 10:55 PM NHFT

By place to stand I am implying having your own property, if you have a piece of property that you can stand on it then you can also live on it. Do you have a different understanding of what "place to stand on" means?

if people have a place to stand then they have a place to labor freely to attempt to sustain themselves...

FrankChodorov

Quote from: tracysaboe on July 11, 2006, 01:50 AM NHFT

Tracy

I thought you had me on ignore?

you're a bigger flip flopper than John Kerry...

BaRbArIaN

Georgists remind me of the conversation at an English pub near closing time with a majority of drunkards being on the dole and fancying how they could improve social justice if they were MPs.   Just as much sense and likelihood too.

AlanM

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on July 10, 2006, 03:35 PM NHFT
Frank, in order for your system to be consistent you have to guarantee somewhere to stand. Otherwise, you will end up with people who are getting all this money as compensation for not having anywhere to stand and yet they will still have nowhere to stand while holding a wad of cash and floating around ::)

The permise to your theory is that we own the earth in common and if you exclude someone you have to compensate them, well what do you compensate them with? You can't stand on money without first puting the money on someones land/property and you're not going to have much luck standing on Dreepas poor little chicken, besides, the chicken has to stand on something too...

The whole premise to Frank's theory is: Economic redistribution.
All his mumbo jumbo is merely to keep us from recognizing that fact.

tracysaboe

Quote from: FrankChodorov on July 11, 2006, 04:19 AM NHFT

Tracy

That was just for that thread. It was cluttering up other conversations. This thread is entirely devoted to your loonesy :)

TRacy

FrankChodorov

QuoteThe whole premise to Frank's theory is: Economic redistribution.

wrong...equal liberty.

FrankChodorov

Quote from: tracysaboe on July 12, 2006, 03:56 AM NHFT
Quote from: FrankChodorov on July 11, 2006, 04:19 AM NHFT

Tracy

That was just for that thread. It was cluttering up other conversations. This thread is entirely devoted to your loonesy :)

TRacy

not mine...Leo Tolstoy's.

dirk

It seems to me that the people that should be paying the bulk of this so called "economic rent" are the parents or re-producers. Since it's their sexual activity that is creating the entities that need a "place to
stand" and by extension a place to live and use of resources that lessens the amount that is left to go around for the rest of us.