• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NEWS: Digital Freeman Founded on New Hampshire Seacoast!

Started by Michael Fisher, February 18, 2005, 03:55 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Fisher

Quote from: KBCraig on October 20, 2005, 04:49 PM NHFT
I'm not enough of a geek to understand them, but I do know there are such things out there as digital watermarks contained within images, that can't be seen by the naked eye, but which can reveal and prove theft of copyrighted works.

It seems to me that an enterprising geeky type could create an overlay for all documents that would ensure either random pattern yellow dots, or dots filling all the code spaces. If they want to read little yellow dots, give 'em lots of dots!

You have your mission... ;-)

Kevin

It would be better to create a firmware "upgrade" for all color laser printers that eliminates the dots.? >:D

Unfortunately, there's a government microchip that sends the data at the last microsecond before a document is printed.

We'll have to find out where these chips are and how to bypass or disable them.? Maybe a firmware upgrade is the way to go, but I doubt it.? They've already thought of that.

Now if we create a piece of software that adds incorrect data to these tracking charts, that would be better.? They wouldn't even know that you didn't do it except when the year shows up as 2096.? ?;D

polyanarch

Is there a way to put a sub-routine into the driver file that "splatters" yellow dots all over the place to the extant that the yellow dots that show up via the "thumbprint" routine are unreadable in their code?

tracysaboe

Quote from: polyanarch on October 22, 2005, 01:24 PM NHFT
Is there a way to put a sub-routine into the driver file that "splatters" yellow dots all over the place to the extant that the yellow dots that show up via the "thumbprint" routine are unreadable in their code?

That's kind of what I was thinking about too.

Tracy

Michael Fisher

Quote from: polyanarch on October 22, 2005, 01:24 PM NHFT

Randomized yellow dots would be discernable from the tracking chart which is uniform.

I'm saying that we should modify the data in the tracking chart.  The gov wouldn't know why the data in the chart is garbled.