• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

April 15th demonstrations

Started by Russell Kanning, December 31, 2004, 01:16 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

I am thinking big  :D maybe we should all just plan on that one place.
So has anyone found the location of the open-til-midnight post office?

dawn

Sometimes, bigger really is better. Having one huge protest on 4/15, as far as protest go, would be wonderful. I've got it on my calendar. I've been to them before with a handful of people and I'm imagining that going to one with 50 people would actually be fun.

jcpliberty

Quote from: dawn on January 06, 2005, 09:12 PM NHFT
Sometimes, bigger really is better. Having one huge protest on 4/15, as far as protest go, would be wonderful. I've got it on my calendar. I've been to them before with a handful of people and I'm imagining that going to one with 50 people would actually be fun.

Agreed

JP

Russell Kanning

The BIG one is planned for Nashua right now. Other people could protest at their local post office, if they can't get to the BIG event. :)
I called the Nashua main post office today. They said that they are not sure right now how late they will be open until. Last year they were open until 7pm. She said she knew the one in Manchester was open until Midnight on 4/15.
So which location sounds good for the BIG event? :)

jcpliberty

Quote from: russellkanning on January 07, 2005, 09:48 AM NHFT
The BIG one is planned for Nashua right now. Other people could protest at their local post office, if they can't get to the BIG event. :)
I called the Nashua main post office today. They said that they are not sure right now how late they will be open until. Last year they were open until 7pm. She said she knew the one in Manchester was open until Midnight on 4/15.
So which location sounds good for the BIG event? :)

I say Manchester if Nashua isn't going to be open all night... but how long do we REALLY plan on staying there? In my opinion we should have at least 2 people there at all times with literature, plus the big crowd. If the crowd stays all day, great, but unlikely

JP

Russell Kanning

We don't have to do this until midnight, but maybe that location would be better for making a BIG deal of April 15th.

jcpliberty

Quote from: russellkanning on January 07, 2005, 10:28 AM NHFT
We don't have to do this until midnight, but maybe that location would be better for making a BIG deal of April 15th.

Indeed.

JP

Dave Ridley

OK I'm leaning toward manchester now that we know nashua might close early.

As for visual acts of defiance, maybe ripping up the 1040s would be one thing we could do.  Getting some folks dressed like colonials would be great.   

When brainstorming these things it's always good to imagine one picture and work toward that picture. 

Maybe burning the forms would be better since ripping them wouldn't make as good of a pic... but it may require a burn permit or friendly private property.

jcpliberty

Quote from: DadaOrwell on January 08, 2005, 02:00 AM NHFT

As for visual acts of defiance, maybe ripping up the 1040s would be one thing we could do.  Getting some folks dressed like colonials would be great.   

When brainstorming these things it's always good to imagine one picture and work toward that picture. 

Maybe burning the forms would be better since ripping them wouldn't make as good of a pic... but it may require a burn permit or friendly private property.

For those who were interested in getting colonial garb anyway, I have a catolog and some friends who make it in Billerica. I can get the information if you like.

JP

P.S. i need to buy new garb, the stuff I wore when my dad and I were in the Billerica Minutemen is rather... small.

Russell Kanning

No way am I going to get a "burn permit" for burning a sheet of paper. The more people I talk to in NH, they all say once there is snow on the ground then you don't need any burn permits, even if the snow has mostly melted. :)
So which is the main PO in Manchester?
We could line the street leading to it and spread the fun and "anti-tax" honking over a wide area. :)

jcpliberty

Quote from: russellkanning on January 08, 2005, 07:29 AM NHFT
No way am I going to get a "burn permit" for burning a sheet of paper. The more people I talk to in NH, they all say once there is snow on the ground then you don't need any burn permits, even if the snow has mostly melted. :)
So which is the main PO in Manchester?
We could line the street leading to it and spread the fun and "anti-tax" honking over a wide area. :)

"HONK IF YOU HATE TAXES"

"IRS: IT REALLY STEALS"

"IRS: We've Got What It Takes To Take What You've Got!"

"IRS: INFERNAL REVENUE STEALERS"

Russell Kanning

I found a post office in downtown Manchester at 1000 Elm Street. Is that the main one? It would be a great location since it is on such a busy street. We could be enjoying our 1st amendment rights all over the place there and creating quite a stir. :)
This location could also be within a couple of blocks of the yet undesignated "Liberty Tree" in Manchester.? ;D
We could party at Milly's Tavern (nearby) afterward.

Dave Ridley

For those who want to use big letters and have sign visible to motorists driving by:

"IRS OUT OF NH"

Kat Kanning

We have so much time to prepare for this, how about we do something fancy like having banner signs printed, like the FSP has.  I think they're about $100 from kinkos.  We could take up a collection for them.  Huge signs that say something like "taxation is theft" "honk if you hate the IRS".

John

You KNOW I'll be kicking in to this fund.
I favor something specific to NH.
Perhaps something like "TAX THUGS - GET OUT OF N.H.",  "'TAX THUGS - GET OUT OF N.H. -NOW!", or
IRS TAX THUGS
GET OUT OF N.H.
YOU DIRTY BASTARDS!
[/b]