• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

April 15th demonstrations

Started by Russell Kanning, December 31, 2004, 01:16 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

What kind of things are you guys doing for April 15th demonstrations or would like to?
Various FSP groups will be doing IRS protests across the country. I think we need to have them all over the state of NH. :)
If you already have ideas, I would like to help you make them happen. Or we can come up with cool plans here.  8)
I like things like meeting at liberty trees and/or post offices with signs like "Honk if you hate the IRS". :)
We could hold signs and hand out literature near post offices that are open until midnight.

jcpliberty

Quote from: russellkanning on December 31, 2004, 01:16 PM NHFT
What kind of things are you guys doing for April 15th demonstrations or would like to?
Various FSP groups will be doing IRS protests across the country. I think we need to have them all over the state of NH. :)
If you already have ideas, I would like to help you make them happen. Or we can come up with cool plans here.  8)
I like things like meeting at liberty trees and/or post offices with signs like "Honk if you hate the IRS". :)
We could hold signs and hand out literature near post offices that are open until midnight.

I normally pick out a Post Office to hand out One Million Dollar Bills explaining how the government spends 1 Million Dollars every, what is it, 5 seconds?

Jim P.

Russell Kanning

Cool...Where and when are you going to do that this year?

jcpliberty

Quote from: russellkanning on December 31, 2004, 02:14 PM NHFT
Cool...Where and when are you going to do that this year?

Not sure yet, but good to have two people per post office... maybe Mass with some FSP brouchures?

Jim P.

jcpliberty

Want to help out I suppose?

Are you a Libertarian by the way? The million dollar bills come from them and advocate joining the LP is why I asked.

Jim P.

John

People protest at the post office in Boston every year . . . I have thought for many years that they are not are serious.  If they were, well . . . maybe they'd be here.
Maybe they never heard of the FSP.  Maybe outreach to them is worth the effort.  Maybe.

Most of these people are just pissing and moaning.  They love BIG GOVERNMENT but they just think that someone else (the rich - that meens me if I work extra hours at the factory) should pay for it.  They just want more out of it than they put in.  I came from Ma. but I was never a "Masshole."  That is why I escapated.

jcpliberty

Quote from: John on January 01, 2005, 01:34 AM NHFT
People protest at the post office in Boston every year . . . I have thought for many years that they are not are serious.  If they were, well . . . maybe they'd be here.
Maybe they never heard of the FSP.  Maybe outreach to them is worth the effort.  Maybe.

Most of these people are just pissing and moaning.  They love BIG GOVERNMENT but they just think that someone else (the rich - that meens me if I work extra hours at the factory) should pay for it.  They just want more out of it than they put in.  I came from Ma. but I was never a "Masshole."  That is why I escapated.

Hey!! *shakes fist* If by Masshole you mean liberal commie supports big government, that wasn't what I meant! I think anyone from Mass is a Masshole... just like anyone from Maine is a Maineiac.

Jim P.

John

Jim,
We have met and I think you're OK, but you are wrong on this.
I used to be from Mass.yet, I have never been a "Masshole."
Call yourself what you will.

Back to tax-day.  I'm not sure if I'll do something here, do some outreach in Boston, or just work.  (I'm schedualed to work.)  Maybe I'll take a vacation day and do all of the above.

Russell Kanning

I don't plan on joining the LParty, but I would like to help them do tax protests if they have some planned. :)
I like the idea of protesting throughout NH, so our voices are heard all over the place. :)

Dave Ridley

Ok with regard to the idea of the Apr. 15 IRS protest....I think for media purposes we'll be much better off if we have one main protest, concentrate our numbers in one location.   That way the media pictures and stories will convey larger numbers.  With any luck the world will hear something like "dozens protest IRS drop point in NH" rather than "One or Two protest IRS in various NH towns."   For those who can't make it to the main protest, I'm sure a couple smaller ones wouldn't hurt, but there should be one spot where we focus like a laser.

I'm thinking the best time would be around 6:30 PM in Nashua.  Figure out which post office is going to be open late for 1040 acceptance -  there will probably be media there already.  Then stage the protest in that area.  After the protest we could hand out leaflets to folks, listing the NH Underground link.

The advantage of picking Nashua would be we can more easily get coverage from Boston media.   If we pick Manchester, the advantage there would be that it's easier on Channel 9 and closer to more NH residents....but I bet Channel 9 would cover us even in Nashua.   I favor Nashua for the moment.

The advantage of 6:30 PM is it gives folks a chance to get off work and show up....but it gives TV folks from Boston , and print folks, enough time to get their stories done before the evening deadlines.

So can you guys think of something we can do that would make this protest more visual, something that would make for good TV images or still photo images?

Kat Kanning

More visual?   Well, we've become rather enamoured of burning things!  ;)

cathleeninnh

I have done a number of these and always got news coverage. They love costumes. Early american stuff. Notify city hall and police if possible. They will have suggestions about where to stand and whether we can have chairs or a table with information. The public often likes to sign something to show their approval or disapproval of something. Maybe a butcher paper banner. Cameras were always there before darkespecially the print media, only sometimes after.Then they could decide which news broadcast to air it on. Notify them all especially the small weeklies. Have plenty of those "million dollar bills" from the LP. Kids love them and take them home. Make sure the location has a drive by drop off. The wait is long, the drivers impatient and they are all having to pay on that date. Give away snacks or candy.

That is what comes to mind right now.

Cathleen

Russell Kanning

I love it. How about this one Dada? If we get more than 50 set up for Nashua then we can branch out to other locations.  ;D

Russell Kanning

What is the biggest April 15th protest ever?

Dave Ridley

That sounds good, though I doubt we will break 50.