• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Russell Arrested at IRS office 7-27-06

Started by Dave Ridley, July 27, 2006, 12:34 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

Russell was arrested at the demonstration in Keene.  Details to follow.  Please spread the word as fast as you can and post whatever details you have that I might not.

Dave Ridley

OK here are more details, as phoned in to Porcupine 911 at 1:30 PM by Rob.

Russell was apparently taken to keene p.d.'s "taj mahal" at least initially.

He was trying to hand out flyers to IRS employees, and then to the feds that came up to stop him.  They said he couldn't hand out flyers on postal property; same issue joel ran into in '04.   at some point after being told not to go in or whatever exactly it was they told him, he turned and began to walk up the steps.  They did not as I understand it get super physical, but they put his hands behind his back, cuffed him and, as rob describes it, either "bent him over," or he bent over voluntarily.

Rob says There were Homeland Security officers present, one of whom he spoke with, and a whole bevvy of Feds , various plainclothes included, presumably some not noticed.  I don't know any details on the local police involvement yet.  Roger got good video apparently, rob got stills.   Rob says he was elbowed a bit by the officers while taking pictures.

The "survivors" are regrouping at a keene restaurant; I assume the federales already know which one :)   Greetings and welcome to our local and Federal law enforcement guests if any; can't speak for all the others but personally I apprecite your reading the forum.

lildog

Quote from: DadaOrwell on July 27, 2006, 12:43 PM NHFT
He was trying to hand out flyers to IRS employees, and then to the feds that came up to stop him.  They said he couldn't hand out flyers on postal property; same issue joel ran into in '04.

Any idea which laws he actually broke?

Last year we had a selectman running for re-election who choose to stand outside the post office to meet with anyone who wanted to meet him and ask questions.  Postal employees came out and told him he wasn?t allowed to stand there.  He replied back that it was public property.  They repeated that he was breaking the law and had to leave.  He replied back that he would be more then happy to leave once someone showed him exactly which law he was breaking.  After that they left him alone.

lildog

Quote from: DadaOrwell on July 27, 2006, 12:43 PM NHFTRob says There were Homeland Security officers present, one of whom he spoke with, and a whole bevvy of Feds

A comment PMed to me in regards to the above:

It's good to know that if Al Qaeda does any leafletting that we'll be safe.

Dave Ridley

action items to follow ...they didn't have any for me when they called , and were planning next move

Dave Ridley

<<It's good to know that if Al Qaeda does any leafletting that we'll be safe.>>

from the leafletting

Dave Ridley

Keene PD contact info, might be good to give them a shout and inquire whats up with russell's location and their sense of right and wrong.   I will do so now

Bureau of Prosecution:   603.357.9815
Communications Center:  603.357.9813

KBCraig

My best wishes to Russell, and to Kat.

But at the same time, I'm not surprised, and neither are they. When you kick the bear, you expect to get bitten.

Doesn't make it any more acceptable, but he knew it was a risk going in.

Godspeed, brother Russell. Can't wait to hear the details.

Kevin

Dave Ridley

Called Gardner Goldsmith's show to report this but someone else  beat me to it!  Now there's a problem you wanna have....

Also more people are calling me to tell me about this LOL    another problem that is good to have.

I called the sentinel and informed them.  they pretended to be uninterested, or at least that was the impression I got.  But you can bet they'll read the KFP article when that comes out.

Tomorrow is free form friday on WKBK radio however so I will try to give them a ring and announce this perhaps.

Anyone who was there want to pm me your number and permission to give it to the press if they want a first hand account?

Braddogg

Thanks for the updates, Dada.  Keep 'em coming. 

Kat Kanning

They let Russell out.  He went back to the Post Office to try again, and they arrested him again.  I asked if they were keeping him at the Taj Mahal, but they didn't know yet.  Will try and call in a bit.

Kat Kanning

They've released him again, so going to get him now.

JonM

What are they arresting him for?  You'd think the fine folks at the IRS might want to talk to him . . .

Kat Kanning

Handing out flyers
Failure to obey lawful order
Disorderly conduct

JonM

I think you've been down the lawful order/disorderly conduct road before.  That goes back to is trying to hand a piece of paper to the IRS people illegal or not?