• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

homebrewed beer

Started by felix.benner, August 16, 2006, 05:19 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

felix.benner

I am currently educating myself on brewing my own beer. Now I'm wondering what would be required to legally brew and sell beer in Hew Hampshire. I have read on wikipedia that NH is one of the control states. Anybody knows how this is handled?

Spencer

Here's the law on homebrewing (not for resale) in NH:

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/XIII/175/175-5-b.htm

If you were going to brew just beer, then you would likely want to get a "Brew Pub License."

The taxes required to be paid on quantities are listed here.

The types and costs of licenses are here.

Damn, this is some complicated stuff, and screwing it up can cause you to be charged with a Class B Felony (see here).

felix.benner

Ah, thank you. I was browsing the stuff on nh.gov/liquor but they didn't have the basics there.

KBCraig

Felix, when you move to NH, please swing through Bayreuth and kidnap the Braumeister from Gebr. Maisels.

I haven't had a Maisel's Hefeweizen since 1989. Franziskaner is all I can buy here, and it just isn't good enough.

But PatK did have some decent Rauchbier at PorcFest, which was almost like being in Bayreuth.

:beer 219:

Kevin