• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NHfree Action Alerts!

Started by FTL_Ian, July 31, 2006, 10:42 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

As you may be aware, Russell Kanning was arrested this morning after federal agents raided his home.  Dada Orwell was encouraging others to spread the word fast because they were taking him to court right away and we needed action.  I thought that it would be nice to have a system in place for spreading the word on such short notice.

To this end, we have created NHFree.com Action Alerts!

Join up at http://action.nhfree.com , it's free and you can submit an action alert anytime!  Once approved by moderators it will be distributed to all the group's subscribers!

vanguardist

Great idea! I think we should also start looking at ways to raise funds for situations like this one. I know that legal costs are usually very high but if someone does need money, even small amounts can help, if only to pay some bills (power, gas, etc).

FTL_Ian

The tricky question is, who should be the moderators?  To start I'm thinking me, Kat, Russell, and Dada.

Atlas

Holy shit, the feds raided Russ and Kat? For what? And what feds?

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Rebel on July 31, 2006, 02:10 PM NHFT
Holy shit, the feds raided Russ and Kat? For what? And what feds?

Your reply is exactly why we need an Action Alert group:

http://forum.soulawakenings.com/index.php?topic=4640.0

That should fill you in.

Caleb

can we get it set up so that we can join a loop, when something like this happens, we each call the next person on the list.  That way we can inform as many people as quickly as possible.  Say Hollywood could call me, I could call Aries ... so on and so forth.

aries

I joined.

I signed up with the "email" option I would reccommend this to everyone else as well

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Dietrich Bonhoeffer on July 31, 2006, 06:09 PM NHFT
can we get it set up so that we can join a loop, when something like this happens, we each call the next person on the list.  That way we can inform as many people as quickly as possible.  Say Hollywood could call me, I could call Aries ... so on and so forth.

That sounds like an external project.  It's a good idea.  This list could compliment that sort of an idea.  I'm having a hard time imagining organzing what you're talking about Caleb, so it's in your hands.  Seems like a complex task.

The phone tree idea works until someone doesn't answer.  The email blast will work with some people, but won't be very effective for those who don't check their email daily.

The more avenues we have to get out critical info, the better.

Kat Kanning

What I did yesterday was post as much as I could, and hope that others could spread the word.  I made one phone call to Dada in hopes he could call others.  From a phone call, Dada was able to contact Pat in Corcord, who contacted his wife, who contacted Jenn.  Jenn and Gloria were able to come and join me, for which I was very grateful.  I don't know how Denis found out, but was awfully glad to see him at the trial.  I didn't get to speak to him to thank him.  And then Roger and family found out from the forum.

FTL_Ian

Kat Kanning

OK, the banner is on this forum now.

burnthebeautiful

Joined under the name JoelMatton.

Tom Sawyer

Signed up...
Thanks for setting this up Ian.

Hard to view all the threads on the forum. I didn't know about Russell being picked up until you pointed me to the thread, thanks.

FTL_Ian

I have updated the first post in the thread to reflect the existing status of the group and trimmed extraneous posts.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: katdillon on August 04, 2006, 01:08 PM NHFT
OK, the banner is on this forum now.

How about the front page of NHFree.com somewhere?