• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Outdoor fireplaces illegal

Started by KBCraig, August 02, 2006, 12:10 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

added this to the civil dis list

LiveFree

Hmmmmmm, wouldn't this be something evolution would take care of naturally???  Eventually the people who are plain stupid about fire would die off, right???

Just one more example of the absurdity of the Byzantine regulations we have in every level of government in these United States...

KBCraig

Quote from: LiveFree on July 11, 2007, 09:57 PM NHFT
Hmmmmmm, wouldn't this be something evolution would take care of naturally???  Eventually the people who are plain stupid about fire would die off, right???

To be fair, the law, although stupid, was not designed to protect people. It was designed to protect forests.

If you haven't noticed, NH has a lot of trees, and until the last couple of decades the economy depended heavily on forests.

But it's a stupid law.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: lildog on July 07, 2007, 05:09 PM NHFT
The fire fighter also insisted on watching while I put out the fire.
And if you hadn't .... what would he have done?

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Jon Maltz on July 07, 2007, 05:37 PM NHFT
I got a class 1,2,3 permit at the local FD for the cost of the gas it took to get there and the 10 minutes it took for them to do the paperwork while the guy apologized that it was taking so long.
I guess you live under less tyranny than other towns :)

JonM

Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 12, 2007, 08:37 AM NHFT
Quote from: Jon Maltz on July 07, 2007, 05:37 PM NHFT
I got a class 1,2,3 permit at the local FD for the cost of the gas it took to get there and the 10 minutes it took for them to do the paperwork while the guy apologized that it was taking so long.
I guess you live under less tyranny than other towns :)
My chains are indeed lighter in this regard.