• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Should we add new area-based discussion forums?

Started by FTL_Ian, August 06, 2006, 10:15 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

I had an idea for some new subforums here.  Considering that Yahoo groups are pretty lame, I was thinking we should have area based forums like:

Monadnock Discussion
Merrimack Vally Discussion
Seacoast Discussion

etc...

Would you like to see these created?  If so, what are the other ones I should make?

aries

Lex

Quote from: aries on August 06, 2006, 11:05 AM NHFT
I think they would not get enough traffic.

I concur. Lets wait until cloning gets far enough so that we can clone Kat and Russell to the other areas of NH. THEN I think it would make sense to have separate forums.

FTL_Ian

If I was not clear, these would be subforums, like the Child Boards you see on this forum.  They would be part of this forum.  This forum already has a lot of traffic, and that amount is only going to increase.  If the idea is valuable, is it not a good idea to institute them before the growth occurs?

Lex

Quote from: FTL_Ian on August 06, 2006, 11:11 AM NHFT

If I was not clear, these would be subforums, like the Child Boards you see on this forum.  They would be part of this forum.  This forum already has a lot of traffic, and that amount is only going to increase.  If the idea is valuable, is it not a good idea to institute them before the growth occurs?

But the traffic that we get hasn't been very specific to any area except Keene. Very little posts about the Seacoast for example... Most of the posts on nh underground are either not location based, general to the state or specific to Keene.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on August 06, 2006, 11:09 AM NHFT

I concur. Lets wait until cloning gets far enough so that we can clone Kat and Russell to the other areas of NH. THEN I think it would make sense to have separate forums.

Kira's 15.  I don't know where we'll get another Russell...I think they broke the mold.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on August 06, 2006, 11:14 AM NHFT
But the traffic that we get hasn't been very specific to any area except Keene. Very little posts about the Seacoast for example... Most of the posts on nh underground are either not location based, general to the state or specific to Keene.

Maybe that's because when people come here they only see a Keene subforum, thereby inducing them to think that Keene is the main focus.

Pat McCotter

Quote from: FTL_Ian on August 06, 2006, 11:39 AM NHFT
Quote from: Lex Berezhny on August 06, 2006, 11:14 AM NHFT

Maybe that's because when people come here they only see a Keene subforum, thereby inducing them to think that Keene is the main focus.

Quote from: katdillon on August 06, 2006, 10:59 AM NHFT
http://forum.soulawakenings.com/index.php?topic=3623.0

"We have a forum for Keene news.  If anyone else wants a specific forum for their area, just let me know."

Lex

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on August 06, 2006, 12:01 PM NHFT
Alright, I would like a Grafton forum then  ;D

I was thinking that we could start with regional subforums.  Once those became popular enough, town subforums within the regionals would be an option.

Thoughts?

Lex

Quote from: FTL_Ian on August 06, 2006, 12:02 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lex Berezhny on August 06, 2006, 12:01 PM NHFT
Alright, I would like a Grafton forum then  ;D

I was thinking that we could start with regional subforums.  Once those became popular enough, town subforums within the regionals would be an option.

Thoughts?

Well, Grafton has a lot of activity and things to talk about. And from a more selfish stand point having a Grafton subforum might help attract more people here. Grafton is the home to a lot of Free Staters and if you're counting it as percentage of population than I think Grafton has more free staters than any other town in NH. I think it deserves its own forum :-)

FTL_Ian

Okay, I'd like to think of a better name than "Keene News".  I've actually witheld posting in the Keene News subforum at times because what I wanted to post about wasn't necessarily "news".

How about we rename the "NH News" section to "NH News and Regional Discussion"  (Admittedly weak title, looking for better ideas.)

Then we could have regional subforums within

Monadnock Discussion
Merrimack Vally Discussion
Seacoast Discussion

Then within those regional forums we could have town specific subforums:
Keene, Grafton, and add them upon request.

Thoughts?

Lex

Quote from: FTL_Ian on August 06, 2006, 12:14 PM NHFT
How about we rename the "NH News" section to "NH News and Regional Discussion"  (Admittedly weak title, looking for better ideas.)
Sounds good to me.

FTL_Ian

There are seven regions to NH:
Dartmouth Sunapee
Great North Woods
Lakes
Merrimack Valley
Monadnock
Seacoast
White Mountains

Should each have its own subforum, or should we combine the low population areas of Great North Woods and White Mountains into one, like "Northern NH"?