• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Welcome to the Grafton News Site

Started by tracysaboe, August 06, 2006, 08:59 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

tracysaboe

aries

FTL_Ian

I think Free Staters will go where they want.  It seems that if you want more of a suburban-city style life, Keene is the answer.  If you're looking for the woods, go to Grafton.  Or so it seems.

aries

You guys must be talking about the town of grafton. I spend a lot of time in the county but I've never been to the town

Lex

Quote from: aries on August 07, 2006, 07:22 AM NHFT
You guys must be talking about the town of grafton. I spend a lot of time in the county but I've never been to the town

There isn't really a "town" per se. We have a fire dept./ambulance building, town hall building and a gas station/convenience store. So unless you know what you're looking for you may drive right through Grafton and not even notice you just drove through some kind of "town"...  ;D

Money Dollars

Quote from: tracysaboe on August 06, 2006, 08:59 PM NHFT
;D

old news.....

Libertarians set sights on Grafton
Land purchase and Internet chat are the talk of the town
The Free Town Project is an offshoot of the Free State Project. Members hope to make Grafton a laboratory to test their unconventional ideas.
By DANIEL BARRICK
Monitor staff
June 13. 2004 10:00AM

45 min of audio(wma format) from Grafton Focus meeting June 19th, 2004
The Focus organized a meeting for June 19th, 2004 and invited representatives from the Free State Project, Free Town Project, and the New Hampshire Libertarian party to clarify their intentions to concerned citizens.
Attending were:
    * Amanda Phillips, President and National Spokes person, Free State Project
    * Tim Condon and Mike Lorrey, Representing the Free Town Project
    * John Babiarz, Chairman of the New Hampshire Libertarian Party
    * between 200-300 Grafton Residents
    * a bunch of reporters

Town not so keen on Free Towners
Residents demand answers on project's intentions
The Free Town Project wants to settle 200 libertarians in Grafton.
By BEVERLEY WANG
The Associated Press
June 20. 2004 10:00AM

Grafton's messy liberation
By B.J. Roche  |  June 20, 2004

from All Things Considered, Monday , June 21, 2004
A libertarian group planning to move to tiny Grafton, N.H., got a hostile reception from the locals this weekend. The Free Town Project hopes to get 200 members to move to Grafton, where they'd vote to privatize roads, eliminate funding for public education, and legalize so-called "victimless" crimes. New Hampshire Public Radio's Raquel Maria Dillon reports.

NHPR The Exchange
hosted by Laura Knoy
topic: Free Town Project

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on August 07, 2006, 08:05 AM NHFT
Quote from: aries on August 07, 2006, 07:22 AM NHFT

There isn't really a "town" per se. We have a fire dept./ambulance building, town hall building and a gas station/convenience store. So unless you know what you're looking for you may drive right through Grafton and not even notice you just drove through some kind of "town"...  ;D

I never noticed any of those buildings but I did notice the mountain in town with a mine tourist attraction on it, a town dump that was not monitored, and a post office with a very friendly lady.

Money Dollars

Quote from: Keith and Stuff on August 16, 2006, 10:49 AM NHFT
I never noticed any of those buildings but I did notice the mountain in town with a mine tourist attraction on it, a town dump that was not monitored, and a post office with a very friendly lady.
It's not a dump, it is a transfer station, and it is monitored, and only open two days a week.
the fire dept and town offices are right next to the post office...not sure how you could have missed it.

There is also a museum and a library.

FTL_Ian

Kat Kanning

KBCraig

Quote from: katdillon on August 16, 2006, 12:07 PM NHFT
I missed really hate that guy.

There. Fixed it. Wouldn't want you to chase him off by being too nice.

Kevin

Money Dollars

Money Dollars

Did you guys know that Lex is getting a divorce?