• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Welcome to the Grafton News Site

Started by tracysaboe, August 06, 2006, 08:59 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

tracysaboe

It's not a matter of doubts for me. It's a matter of not being so swamped with debts form moving and the rest of my debts that I'm no good to anybody there.

I'll be moving to Grafton regardless.

Tracy

Lex

Quote from: tracysaboe on August 28, 2006, 09:26 AM NHFT
It's not a matter of doubts for me. It's a matter of not being so swamped with debts form moving and the rest of my debts that I'm no good to anybody there.
I'll be moving to Grafton regardless.

There are jobs here too and the mail system works just like it does where you are so you can send your checks to the bank. Trust me, you can pay off your debts from here too ;D  Besides, I think that once you move you will be so energized that you'll pay off your debt much faster than while you're stuck where you are now. Today it is because of debt, tomorrow it will be something else, don't let the little things drag you down Tracy, JUST MOVE!  :icon_pirat: If you are only months away from settling your debts than it probably makes sense to stay but if it's more than a year then move tomorrow and pay it off from NH.

Like I said before, if I had tried to pay off all of our debts (credit card, auto loan, mortgage) we would have spent the rest of our lives in Illinois but after our move we were debt free, the car loan was paid off from getting rid of the car, the mortgage and credit card debt was gone from selling the house. It seems logical now but when we were thinking about moving it seemed like it was the end of the world: we just had a baby a few months before, were in tons of debt, newly married, no relatives in NH, no money to pay for the move (my wife sold her Corvair Corsa to pay for the moving truck). But we did it! With all the odds against us. Maybe some of it had to do with luck but I don't know... Did you read that thread about Pat K avoiding a branch falling on his car by going out to get a coffee? Was that luck too? Or was it ment to be?

It's not going to be easy but if you believe you can do it Tracy I'm sure you will!  ;)

tracysaboe

money dollars

Lex

Grafton K9 Search and Rescue will soon be part of the Grafton Fire Department which means we would be called to Cardigan and Ragged Mountain through mutual aid via Hanover dispatch. Grafton K9 SAR is 100% privately funded so there is no cost to the town. We decided to join the FD so that we would be more "official" and have a greater chance of being called by one of Graftons mutual aid towns.

Lex

Quote from: money dollars on January 30, 2007, 12:56 PM NHFT
john babiarz is the new fire chief

There were about 10 people present at the fire meeting. Two voted against John (you can probably guess who at least one of them was), the rest voted in favor of John.

money dollars

Lex

Quote from: money dollars on January 31, 2007, 09:22 AM NHFT
Any reason chris stepped down?

Yes, he had a lot of personal stuff going on (he's doing some remodeling in his home) and just didn't have the time to be chief anymore. He said he may decide to be chief again some time in the future.

Bob didn't want to be chief either. In fact, the two who didn't vote for John insisted that Bob be the chief and voted for him. It was quite the scene.  ::)

Lloyd Danforth

morningowl

Ok, I've been in Grafton now for 3 years and do love it. Can someone explain what exactly the Free Stater Project is? What would be the pitfalls/advantages of joining? Since I live in Grafton, I've probably run into a "Free Stater" but certainly didn't know it. Where exactly in Grafton did they settle? I've heard a lot of hype about it, but really still do not understand the theory nor have I spoken with anyone who is part of the movement.

The only issue I run into in Grafton is it is quite remote. I work 1.5 hours away. Otherwise, the woods are awesome, the people keep to themselves, and the amount of wildlife I have seen and experienced there is phenomenal. Of course the bears are becoming a bit of a nuisance...we have 3 that visit my yard daily....no we do not bait them nor do we leave trash out where they can get to it.

morningowl

Thanks, I looked over their site and doesn't the general population in the US somewhat seek similar conditions?

It just does not seem to me that free staters will ever gain enough power to successfully see some of their initiatives through, 20,000 or 40,000....doesn't matter.

For now, while this country is under Bush, I doubt any additional freedoms will be permitted. If Bush had it his way, he'd probably have military law in place in the US.

error

Oh, with even 200, we're already making progress! Read the rest of this site. :)

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: morningowl on July 10, 2007, 02:57 PM NHFT
Thanks, I looked over their site and doesn't the general population in the US somewhat seek similar conditions?

No. In fact most Americans are ignorant of their own rights and how they are losing them.  They are concerned about that Hilton idiot or their favorite TV show being canceled.
It just does not seem to me that free staters will ever gain enough power to successfully see some of their initiatives through, 20,000 or 40,000....doesn't matter.

20,000 Activists, working inside and outside of the system, changing, protesting, ignoring bad laws and bad lawmakers.
For now, while this country is under Bush, I doubt any additional freedoms will be permitted. If Bush had it his way, he'd probably have military law in place in the US.

There is no plan to ask the federal government for our rights.  They don't originate with them.