• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Pollution

Started by d_goddard, August 08, 2006, 09:20 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

d_goddard

What we seem to have here, is a case of what coder-geeks call Namespace Pollution

It's a hideous thing. I have seen it wreak relationships and cause grown men to blather like babies.
Please.... remove this insult to all that is fine and good.

KBCraig

If I was just a bit geekier, I might grok that... as it is, I merely "get" it. ;)

Like many, like probably most of our frequent posters, I always enter the forums by viewing new posts since my last visit. I don't pay much attention to the categories, unless I'm starting a new thread. In that case, I do try to put my posts in the appropriate place, and the proliferation of categories doesn't help.

One thing that is likely to happen is that when there are multiple categories into which a topic can fit, a new poster will duplicate his posts in every category. I see it all the time in other forums.

Kevin

Kat Kanning

Sooo...you like the new child board?

KBCraig

I've been pondering how to use my moderator powers to cause havoc.

;D

Kat Kanning

Dreepa

Quote from: KBCraig on August 09, 2006, 11:21 AM NHFT
I've been pondering how to use my moderator powers to cause havoc.

;D

Hmmm I go away for a few days... and Kevin with Mod power?  How the fuck did that happen?  :o
Maybe the same reason that I got Mod status on the FSP boards? >:D

Kat Kanning

Well, it was a huge responsibility to moderate the childish board, but I thought he could handle it.  Time will tell.  Plus he was being sweet to me since my husband got thrown in the clink...and sucking up to the admin always helps.

KBCraig

Awww, garsh.  :blush:

I'm just glad to know that I'm childish enough to handle this board.

David

It takes a big, mature and inteligent man with the right amount of intestinal fortitude to admit to being childish   ;)