• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Problems staying online

Started by Follow, July 25, 2006, 11:50 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Follow

Ok, so I log onto this page about 60 times daily when I visit.  I work on computers and I tend to just stay online with anything I'm doing all day long.  This site though, no matter how much I work it and beg for it to keep me logged in, it CONSTANTLY logs me off.  I've clicked on forever from the drop down menu, I've clicked the always logged in box under the log in link, I've even extended the time to "keep me logged in for: 999 minutes."  Nothing seems to work and even when I'm actively surfing the site I drop authentication.  My cookies are fine, and no other message board does this to me, I'm on plenty of them during the day.

Is there some very obvious bug I should know about or maybe an easy work around?

Follow  :)

Kat Kanning

Lloyd, are you still having this same problem, or did you fix it somehow?

Dreepa

I had the same problem when I was on IE.  Now I am on Linux and Firefox and haven't had a problem.

cathleeninnh

I used to have this problem and solved it by logging in, then adding it to favorites so the link was to the logged in page. I then always used the favorites drop down to access it.

Cathleen

KBCraig

I use this for my bookmark:

http://forum.soulawakenings.com/index.php?action=unread

From my home computers, I stay logged in "forever". But at work, where I might be using multiple computers through the week, and each of them is used by multiple people, I log in each time.

On a high-traffic forum like this one, the "view unread" option is the way to go.

Kevin

Follow

The problem is when I either click on a link at the top to refresh the messages page, or at the bottom drop down, or when I click on refresh.  I just get knocked offline each time, it's down to maybe 2 minutes at this point.  :(

There is nothing I seem to be able to do to keep myself logged in.

Follow  :)

CNHT

Quote from: Follow on July 25, 2006, 01:31 PM NHFT
The problem is when I either click on a link at the top to refresh the messages page, or at the bottom drop down, or when I click on refresh.  I just get knocked offline each time, it's down to maybe 2 minutes at this point.  :(

There is nothing I seem to be able to do to keep myself logged in.
Follow  :)

Are you somehow having your cache/cookies automatically deleted? I am using Safari and don't this problem unless I reset it.

Follow

Nope, no cookie erasing here.  It doesn't happen on any board but this one.  I generally have at least 5 boards open at any given time...

Follow

Thanks for all the help everyone.  I'm not sure if it was through your efforts or mine, but I've figured some work arounds at least to keep me from getting booted every few minutes.

Maybe someone could look into the "quick jump" buttons at the bottom and figure out why they're booting me off everytime I click them, though?

Recumbent ReCycler

I have to log in several times a day.  At http://www.homegunsmith.com, I don't have to log in anymore from my laptop because I am always logged in.  Is there any way that nhfree could be made as convenient as the homegunsmith forum?