• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

News Alert

Started by Kat Kanning, August 10, 2006, 05:36 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Nursing mothers forced to have masectomies as all liquids banned from airlines. FILM AT 11.

(My mom's having an adult beverage and coming up with zingers like that tonight.)

Minsk

Let's just be greatful that the terrorists are incompetent, unimaginative morons. It means they get fair competition from the intelligence community and security enforcement...

aries

Why not just ban the fucking airlines altogether. Such worry about the planes exploding, yet I can bring all the explosive liquids I want into a football arena or a loaded bus.

Braddogg

Quote from: aries on August 10, 2006, 06:54 PM NHFT
Why not just ban the fucking airlines altogether. Such worry about the planes exploding, yet I can bring all the explosive liquids I want into a football arena or a loaded bus.

Well, probably not *legally*.  But as soon as the terrists wake up and realize that the next attack on America isn't going to happen on an airplane, they'll move on.  If I were a terrist, I'd attack the public bus systems of 15 or 20 cities across the country.  Blow up two or three in each city, and there's your mass panic.  Make life in America more like life in Israel.  In Israel, you can't walk away from your backpack when you're in the school's cafeteria.  You can't walk into a cafe without having your bag checked.  I'm really surprised that the terrists aren't trying to make America more like that.

maineiac

Quote from: Braddogg on August 10, 2006, 07:02 PM NHFT

Well, probably not *legally*.  But as soon as the terrists wake up and realize that the next attack on America isn't going to happen on an airplane, they'll move on.  If I were a terrist, I'd attack the public bus systems of 15 or 20 cities across the country.  Blow up two or three in each city, and there's your mass panic.  Make life in America more like life in Israel.  In Israel, you can't walk away from your backpack when you're in the school's cafeteria.  You can't walk into a cafe without having your bag checked.  I'm really surprised that the terrists aren't trying to make America more like that.

I think someone has convinced someone there are hundreds of thousands of terrorist bombers everywhere, poised and wearing suicide bombs.

I say most of the "terrorism" is the work of governments.

Braddogg

Quote from: maineiac on August 14, 2006, 01:32 PM NHFT
I think someone has convinced someone there are hundreds of thousands of terrorist bombers everywhere, poised and wearing suicide bombs.

Your accusation would be more clear if you dropped the pronouns and used nouns instead of this vaguely passive-aggressive thing you're trying.

Kat Kanning

hook

Quote from: Braddogg on August 10, 2006, 07:02 PM NHFT

Attacks on the public transit system would result in middle easterners being placed in internment camps. The terrorists are not stupid.

maineiac

Quote from: Braddogg on August 14, 2006, 01:56 PM NHFT
Quote from: maineiac on August 14, 2006, 01:32 PM NHFT

Your accusation would be more clear if you dropped the pronouns and used nouns instead of this vaguely passive-aggressive thing you're trying.

Dude,

If the shoe fits . . . or, maybe you were being sarcastic and I missed it, in which case I'm sorry!

Braddogg

Quote from: maineiac on August 14, 2006, 09:19 PM NHFT
Dude,

If the shoe fits . . . or, maybe you were being sarcastic and I missed it, in which case I'm sorry!

You don't need hundreds of thousands of terrists in the US to pull off this kind of attack.  You'd need 30 or 40 once a year or so to do the damage necessary to terrorize the US and -- what concerns me most -- to get the US government to restrict our liberties hardcore.  Buses don't explode every day in Israel, yet the caution bordering on paranoia exists strongly.

Braddogg

I think you're misinterpreting this one, Kevin.  I said that it was possible for terrists to strike our public transport systems.  Maineiac then implied that I was a paranoid chicken little, assuming that I thought that there were "hundreds of thousands of terrorist bombers everywhere, poised and wearing suicide bombs."  I pointed out that the terrists don't need hundreds of thousands of recruits everywhere, and that I wasn't just being a paranoid little child sucking from George W. Bush's terror tit.

I know Maineiac doesn't see strikes at our public transport systems as a credible threat.  I say that it'd be a lot easier than he thinks (you'd need 100, not 300,000, terrists with bombs), and I'm amazed that they haven't tried it yet because I've seen the effects it has had on the Israeli people and way of life.

And no arguments here on the point that the police forces in America have terrorized the inhabitants of America more than the Islamofascists have.  But that doesn't mean that the Islamofascists won't try to attack America again.  Indeed, the sentence makes me all the more worried about the first -- the government response to Islamic terrorism is, as far as I can see, more terrifying than the attacks themselves.

KBCraig

Quote from: Braddogg on August 15, 2006, 02:49 AM NHFT
I think you're misinterpreting this one, Kevin.

I deleted my response. I see now that I misinterpreted your original post, not maineiacs's (I agree more with maineiac, though).

Kevin

Kat Kanning

I think I'm going to have to insist that you stop having serious debate on the Childish Forum :P

KBCraig

Quote from: katdillon on August 15, 2006, 03:34 AM NHFT
I think I'm going to have to insist that you stop having serious debate on the Childish Forum :P

Hey! Just who do you think is in charge here? ???

Kat Kanning

Oh yeah :)  Sorry, sir.