• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

New type of resistance on Hampton zoning?

Started by Dave Ridley, February 25, 2005, 10:19 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

Since our protests defending Myrtle and family are not generating news coverage any more (admittedly, they are not "new"), maybe we should think up something new to do that would generate attention.

The ideas we've discussed (I think) before included protesting in front of a perpetrator's home, putting a condemned home sign on the right of way in front of their house (maybe something that says house condemned because its owner is ruining people's lives), leaving fllyers in their neighbors' mailboxes letting their neighbors know what they are guilty of.   Maybe it should have the perpetrator's picture on it.   

Maybe its necessary to decide who the one biggest culprit is also.  Hamptoninsider who do you think that is? 

Dave Ridley

Oh also, even if we don't come up with a new approach that generates mainstream press coverage, each of us can generate coverage by writing LTE's, to the Portsmouth Herald and maybe the Nashua Paper.  Also there are talk radio options.

Details on contacting these and other with LTE's, etc.  are at:

http://www.freestateproject.org/about/essay_archive/BeTheMedia.php

I'll be writing one up as soon as I have more details from the 24th. 

Russell Kanning

I like all of these ideas....but I guess I will have to let the locals do them....I am looking forward to skewering our guys in Keene :D

John

IMO, The biggest culprit is/was the X.  Zoning is supposed to "help" protect people don't you know.

The X was just trying to help - Right?

Dave Ridley

What would we do with the tape once we edited it?   

Hampton insider who are the three bad guys other than Griffin?

Dave Ridley

Well in the absence of a better idea, I propose a protest in front of one perpetrator's house.   We need to do something different and more controversial to keep the pressure on.

Does anyone else have thoughts regarding who the target should be and what their culpability is?  HI why are those three the most culpable and what are their titles?   

Also does anyone know who it was that tried to get the cops to kick us out of city hall during the first protest in Hampton?  Someone mentioned that one of the selectmen or ZBA folks was doing something like this, who was it? 

Kat Kanning

Which selectman stood up and spoke against the Burbanks at  the zoning board meeting?

Dave Ridley

Media don't like news conferences that much; it's just people standing around talking...nothing to photograph.