• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NH SECESSION Platform on Digg!

Started by tracysaboe, August 14, 2006, 03:04 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

tracysaboe

aries

Agh! I hate Digg! First I'm banned 3 times, now I can't submit my comment because I can't read those stupid letters and I messed up twice. I had a witty comment too. I really, really hate that site.

I did manage to Digg this though

tracysaboe

Thanks Aries.

Do try to submit comments. Comments brings attention because it shows up in the Spy and can bring more diggs from other users.

I have toruble reading those human checkers on their site too. How did you get banned? I've been posting for weeks now, and never ran into any problems.

Tracy

tracysaboe

aries

Quote from: tracysaboe on August 14, 2006, 02:24 PM NHFT
Thanks Aries.

Do try to submit comments. Comments brings attention because it shows up in the Spy and can bring more diggs from other users.

I have toruble reading those human checkers on their site too. How did you get banned? I've been posting for weeks now, and never ran into any problems.

Tracy

I think I overused their user moderation system. Any trolling or flaming I flagged and eventually I got my account deleted for "violating the terms of service"... I didn't ask any more questions and stopped using the site altogether. I no longer visit digg for any reason, except when linked like this.

tracysaboe

Wow. There's a HUGE ammount of comments on this post. Many good. Many kind-f "so what" or "lame"  Only a few openly dirogatory. Over 200+ comments. Any help anybody could give to setting a couple of these people straight would be helpfull.

I'm going ot try to go through them all tonight.

Tracy

earthhaven

Caleb

Tracey,

I've been getting TONS of emails from people who are interested.  Good work.  I'll join you over there.

Caleb

tracysaboe

Who HOO! 

That's exciting.

:alien: :icon_dance: :color: :blob1: :blob5: :blob9: :hello2: :kermit: :broc: :wav: :independence:

Tracy

tracysaboe

Caleb. I say go through the e-mails.

Answer them all of course.

But then try to compile all the questions that people that have e-mailed you typically have had -- and lets see if we can't make that FAQ more comprehensive.

How are we actually going to start campaigning for this?

There also needs to be something on the site to answer the obvious question of "How can I help"

Tracy

Dave Ridley

wow 600 plus diggs... nice work!
i joined dig last week because of what you are doing, tho my account isn't active yet.

citizen_142002

I'm not trying to walk the middle of the road, but has anyone considered calling for a Constitutional Convention? To avoid outright secession the federal government may be willing to restore true federalism/confederation. The form of a federation isn't etched in stone.

KBCraig

Quote from: citizen_142002 on August 23, 2006, 03:14 PM NHFT
I'm not trying to walk the middle of the road, but has anyone considered calling for a Constitutional Convention? To avoid outright secession the federal government may be willing to restore true federalism/confederation. The form of a federation isn't etched in stone.

A constitutional convention would be a disaster. It would produce a 300 page behemoth that tried to spell out all the "reasonable exceptions" to rights that should be absolute (speech, arms, control of one's own property, freedom from unwarranted searches, etc.), and would insert all sorts of new "rights": state-paid healthcare, state-paid education, state-guaranteed "living wage", state-subsidized "adequate" housing...

Seriously. Do you think a quorum of American politicians today wouldn't rub their hands in glee at the thought of making a new constitution that says what they wish it to say?

Kevin

citizen_142002

It doesn't really matter what the constitution say, because it is ignored by today politicians anyway. If even a few states threatened to leave unless the constitutional government was restored, it might bring that fact to the attention of the people.

Personally I support independence for NH in light of what our Union has become. We are past the point where a reasonable person can say that the Feds do more to protect our liberties than destroy them, we are WAY past that point. So I don't consider it contrary to our nations heritage of freedom and independence to urge political seperation from DC.

Some in this organization aren't proponents of full secession, but would rather see a restoration of federalism. I believe that while this is more difficult, federalism can work in a way that is favorable to liberty.

Russell Kanning

Secession seems like a middle road to me ..... part way between no government and what we have now. :)