• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Visiting in October: Can we meet up?

Started by BobCollins, August 16, 2006, 12:24 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

BobCollins

Hello,

I am planning a visit to New Hampshire in early October. My intent is to explore the state with the intent to move in about 2 years. I have been following the FSP for several years and I am excited about the possibilities of a concentrated group of liberty-minded people.

I would like to meet up with a group of porcupines while I am there and see where I might be able to contribute to the cause of liberty.

Although this will be a solo trip, my wife and I have visited New England several times and my wife and kids visited NH in December 2004. It was cold. ;-)

From our earlier visit, we have been most interested in the Plymouth area (maybe Rumney with no zoning) or the Hanover area (Caanan). We want to hand-build a house and workshop on 40+ acres but want the connection to the resources that a university town would provide.

Background: I am a 47 year-old engineer married to a self-employed graphic artist. We have 2 girls ages 13 and 12. We have lived in suburban areas of Ohio, Missouri and California. My wife was raised in Hawai'i. My wife and I are looking to make a big change in our lives and we think that NH would be an excellent place.

Bob Collins
Sunnyvale CA USA

Kat Kanning

Yes, we can have a party :)  Just let me know what dates you'll be here and we can set something up so you can meet some fellow porcs :)  I lived in South San Francisco and San Jose for a time.  My daughter is 15.  It seems like a lot of families are moving up to the Dartmouth area, so you'd have company up there.

Dreepa

I lived in Concord, CA for a year before moving to NH.

If you own a house in CA be prepared for the shock of what you can buy in NH.  A good shock.

(I did not own a house in CA :'( )