• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NHfree.com growth spike continues

Started by Dave Ridley, August 17, 2006, 07:45 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

1.6 joiners per day over the last 8 days.  I think this spike that started in august is becoming permanenet....up until aug 1 our historical average was 1 per day.  we are consistenly 50 to 300 percent above that ever since russell's arrest early august.

I think whoever was saying it was futile...had been proven wrong, if in fact this spike is still connected to his arrest,

d_goddard

We need a graph of users over time. Shouldn't be that hard. Any PHP/MySQL coders out there with a few hours on their hands?
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/
The O'Reilly book on PHP & MySQL is particularly good; in 2-3 days anyone starting from scratch can at least get thios feature 75% done I bet...

Kat Kanning

His arrest, Lauren's arrest, the stuff you do, Dada, the newspaper, political stuff....activity breeds interest.

Russell Kanning

People think the dada story is pretty funny in the paper.

David

I first heard about nh underground, maybe a year or two ago.  I think it was the Illegal Manicurist, that really turned me in your direction. 
The activism draws people.  Particularly the fence sitters who want to see if others are doing it and if it will work.   :)

d_goddard

mr.apathy

Quote from: DadaOrwell on October 18, 2006, 11:04 PM NHFT
1.6 joiners per day over the last 8 days.  I think this spike that started in august is becoming permanenet....up until aug 1 our historical average was 1 per day.  we are consistenly 50 to 300 percent above that ever since russell's arrest early august.

I think whoever was saying it was futile...had been proven wrong, if in fact this spike is still connected to his arrest,

Russel introduced me to this whole movement. Love or hate his tactics, he's the man.
(But, not "The Man")

Dave Ridley

RUSSELL:  "This is my way of stickin it to the man!"

RUSSELL'S ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT:  "Uh but *you're* the man...so uh...you're sticking it to yourself?

RUSSELL:  "I'll get back to you on that."

d_goddard

Quote from: DadaOrwell on October 23, 2006, 05:31 AM NHFT
so uh...you're sticking it to yourself?
hey man, it's the safest sex, ya know?

I also cannot resist an obligatory TooL quote:
Quote from: TooL
So I've got some
Advice for you, little buddy.
Before you point your finger
You should know that
I'm the man,

If I'm the fuckin' man
Then you're the fuckin' man as well
So you can
Point that fuckin' finger up your ass.

Dave Ridley

ok, 3 months after it began, the NHfree.com growth spurt has finally come to a halt, tho of course it may be only a brief halt.   we are back down to our pre-outlaw-leafletter join rate of one a day.  That's been our join rate for two weeks now.

error

Even one a day is nothing to sneeze at.

This time next year, there's going to be a pretty good sized crowd here. ;D

KBCraig

The most impressive thing is the spike of new movers. I've lost track of how many have moved this year, and most recently since summer. We've even had conflicting move-in parties.

Now, that is impressive!  ;D

d_goddard

Quote from: KBCraig on November 06, 2006, 12:03 PM NHFT
The most impressive thing is the spike of new movers.
From the number of people who signed F1K and commented that they'd move by end of 2008 whether 1K more do or not, I assume at least 150-200 more people will move by then.
Given that we're only at ~200 early-movers now, that means at least doubling the number of core activists.
Hopefully the Time story and other news (like KFP, the Liberty Forum, etc) also engage the many liberty-lovers already here in NH.

Forastero

Well, one things for sure, things are going to become interesting in NH pretty darn soon.

Dreepa

Quote from: d_goddard on November 06, 2006, 01:32 PM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on November 06, 2006, 12:03 PM NHFT
The most impressive thing is the spike of new movers.
From the number of people who signed F1K and commented that they'd move by end of 2008 whether 1K more do or not, I assume at least 150-200 more people will move by then.
Given that we're only at ~200 early-movers now, that means at least doubling the number of core activists.
Hopefully the Time story and other news (like KFP, the Liberty Forum, etc) also engage the many liberty-lovers already here in NH.
I think that we can get another 100+ movers in 2007.  Many are coming in Jan already.

500 more crazed activists will be just what is needed.  I also identified 3 more people today and pointed them at the NHLA.  I think that with this sweep that just happened we may find that we need to heavily recruit allies that are already in NH.