• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Time Warner Bandwidth

Started by FTL_Ian, September 07, 2006, 01:35 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

I've been testing my bandwidth since I arrived in Keene, and it is less than stellar.  I'm still waiting on my DSL to get connected, but for now Time Warner is testing at about 4.5 mb/s down and 200-350 kb/s up.  (It was 350 last night, 200 today.)

I'm wondering what other subscribers in the area are getting on TW's standard residential plan.  Check your speed here:

http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

Please post your results.

Thanks!
;D

Lex

Just curious, what kind of connection is Time Warner?

slim

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on September 07, 2006, 01:39 PM NHFT
Just curious, what kind of connection is Time Warner?
Time Warner is a cable connection. Time Warner bought a part of Adelphia in the area that I live in NY.

JonM

Comcast where I am is pretty fast.  Unless you can get FIOS you'll likely happy with the phone company's offering.  DSL around here tends to be damn slow compared to cable.

Kat Kanning

JonM

BTW, different cities on that speed test will come up with very different results.  I did figure out my VPN router was limiting with them . . .  So now the VPN router is on a different NIC than the main pipe.

Seatle: 3895, 307
San Fran: 4427,305
LA: 4392, 304
Dallas: 4259,276
Chicago: 5337,315
Atlanta: 5758, 315
NYC: 6046, 314
WDC: 6127,313

Of course, I'm vpning into my home pc via remote desktop to run these, but that is off a different NIC . . . and this is Comcast.

aworldnervelink

21045 kb/s down, 357 kb/s up.

2675.6 KB/sec transfer rate on a Comcast cable modem? Either this test is flawed or I'm getting a lot more than the 6Mb/s I was promised...

FTL_Ian

While I appreciate all the responses, so far Kat's is the only useful one.  The reason I posted this in the Keene forum was to get replies from people in Keene on Time Warner.

:P

Lloyd Danforth

They're just trying to make you envious

slim

Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 07, 2006, 10:03 PM NHFT
While I appreciate all the responses, so far Kat's is the only useful one.  The reason I posted this in the Keene forum was to get replies from people in Keene on Time Warner.

:P

Well everyone knows if you want an answer from Keene residents you should post it in the Grafton board