• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

The Sentinel Blasts the Jaffrey Rally

Started by Caleb, August 17, 2006, 10:20 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

tracysaboe

Quote from: KBCraig on August 18, 2006, 08:03 PM NHFT

I didn't encounter any sense of racial bigotry in NH, which is good. But, my years of experience have taught me that you're more likely to encounter bitter racial hatred in Philadelphia than in Memphis.

Kevin
That's my experience too. When I as selling books in Jamestown NY. Their was a lot of racism--on both sides of the fence. When I was in both South Carolina and Tennesee I didn't really notice any of it. I mean -- their were certainly clicks, and blacks and whites tended to gravitate towards each other -- the way people of simular cultures tend to do. But they didn't hate each other like I say in New York.

That's just one man's anecdotal experience. Of course I'm from Idaho, where pretty much everybody's either white or Korean so their really isn't any racism at all there. (Except maybe the Kootanee Indian tribe which gets millians of Dollars from both state and local governments, yet they own numerous businesses (Hotels, Indian gaming, etc. and charge sales-tax but then get to keep it for their reservation)). That's nothing to do with racism though. It has to do with being upset about one group getting government privlidge.

Tracy

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: KBCraig on August 18, 2006, 08:03 PM NHFT
Quote from: citizen_142002 on August 18, 2006, 05:19 PM NHFT
"Live Free or Die" represents all that is good to me, NH, Libertarianism, and Reason. I will not have that sacred sentiment twisted or defiled by a bunch of southern bigots.

Speaking of bigotry, please be careful how you throw around "southern".  :)

I know that just about everything is "southern" to NH, geographically speaking. But the CCC is based in St. Louis, which is not southern in any cultural or political sense.

I didn't encounter any sense of racial bigotry in NH, which is good. But, my years of experience have taught me that you're more likely to encounter bitter racial hatred in Philadelphia than in Memphis.

Kevin

Its interesting.  In my lifetime, the words: prejudice and bigotry have been replaced with 'racism'.  A word that means wiping out a race.

I've been the victim of bigotry here, around the Hartford, CT area.  The leftys call it reverse racism and forgive it, but, I call it bigotry.

Kat Kanning

I used to get a lot of that back in Oakland.  I didn't pay much attention, but one day I was reading a book about Mumia Abu Jamal and suddenly all the hostility from the blacks was gone and they were being friendly.  It was kinda strange.

FrankChodorov

QuoteOf course I'm from Idaho, where pretty much everybody's either white or Korean so their really is any racism at all there

there is or isn't any racism in Idaho?

FrankChodorov

Quotethe rally as a nonpolitically aligned, citizen sponsored event to discuss the motto's history along with state issues including eminent domain, immigration and land preservation.

QuoteCoutu said though he supports the council's views on immigration, he does not subscribe to its pro-white stance

why would people who call themselves libertarians go to a rally sponsored by a guy who is for restricting immigration?

is he for or against "land preservation"?

tracysaboe

Quote from: FrankChodorov on August 23, 2006, 09:47 AM NHFT
QuoteOf course I'm from Idaho, where pretty much everybody's either white or Korean so their really is any racism at all there

Isn't. The very concept was completely foreign to me. I was taught about it in government school. In many ways I believe the education to not be racist causes more racism then would exist if the government types would quit shoving it down our throats.

I edited my post.

Tracy

FrankChodorov

Quote from: tracysaboe on August 24, 2006, 03:10 AM NHFT
Quote from: FrankChodorov on August 23, 2006, 09:47 AM NHFT

Isn't. The very concept was completely foreign to me. I was taught about it in government school. In many ways I believe the education to not be racist causes more racism then would exist if the government types would quit shoving it down our throats.

http://www.adl.org/learn/ext_us/Aryan_Nations.asp?xpicked=3&item=an

excerpt:
Aryan Nations is one of the country's best-known enclaves of anti-Semitism and white nationalism. While founded as a Christian Identity outpost, the organization also incorporates neo-Nazi themes; its founder and longtime leader, Richard Girnt Butler, openly adulates Hitler. It is no surprise, then, that Aryan Nations has for many years had members in common with several other white supremacist and neo-Nazi groups and that the Aryan Nations compound at Hayden Lake, Idaho has served as one of the central meeting points and rallying grounds of far-right extremists of all stripes