• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Keene Public Access TV

Started by citizen_142002, August 18, 2006, 03:09 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

We should do a project together. 8)

citizen_142002

Yeah...a project, but what to do?
It should be something with a local focus, but something that still touches on a bigger picture.
Ideas anyone?

Kat Kanning

Stories on how government has hurt people in the community.  Grandma had to sell her house cause the property taxes were too high...that kind of stuff.

citizen_142002

I was thinking along those lines and maybe just show general wastefulness aswell. Show shoddy public works products and then talk about all the money and time that was allowed for the job.

Some city guys sleeping in the trucks would be a good bit too.

CNHT

Quote from: Dreepa on August 19, 2006, 11:43 AM NHFT
Quote from: FTL_Ian on August 18, 2006, 11:44 PM NHFT

One one hand, I don't want to take advantage of a service provided by coercion. 
Although in the area of cable I don't think it is 100% coercion.
Consumers don't have to get cable.

If you don't want cable you can get Directv or you can get DishNetwork.

Coercion? The town by law has to give you access to having a show...that's why it's called public access TV. There is no coercion involved.

FTL_Ian

Coercion is involved in that the cable company is granted a protected monopoly status.

earthhaven

Quote from: FTL_Ian on August 24, 2006, 08:04 PM NHFT
Coercion is involved in that the cable company is granted a protected monopoly status.

Don't you have a radio show you're supposed to be doing right now? JK  :P

CNHT

Quote from: FTL_Ian on August 24, 2006, 08:04 PM NHFT

True which I don't like, but if they are giving you a free venue for a TV show why not use it? Better than having a newspaper that won't print the truth is it not?

FTL_Ian

Oh, I agree.. I just said I was somewhat torn.  It would be foolish to throw away the opportunity.  I mean, we DID pay for it via Keene's exorbitant property taxes.   :P

CTV8

I've enjoyed reading the various posts on the forum, and would like to clear up a few minor details. Cheshire TV is funded (using the loosest sense of the word) by a ridiculously low .75% (Yes, that's a decimal in front of the 7) franchise fee billed to cable customers as a line item. The national average is 5%. That means I have very little money to work with. I am not, however, desperate for programming, but instead am extremely interested in what you folks are involved in. I am required by law to show any programming I am given, but as a citizen of the community I have the right to actively involve myself in any programming I choose. My unsolicted advice to you as a group is to ignore the meaningless content on the channel, and instead focus on making an effort to produce programming that gets your message out. Time Warner has an 80+% penetration in a 30,000 person community. That's a lot of audience to reach at absolutely no cost to you. Seems like a no brainer to me. Again, I would love to talk to any one of you about what you're doing, and how I can help facilitate any programing you would be interested in producing. All you have to do is call me at 283-6621, or contact me via the channel website, cheshiretv.org.

Thanks!

KBCraig

Quote from: CTV8 on August 29, 2006, 01:19 AM NHFT
I've enjoyed reading the various posts on the forum . . .

Welcome to the forum!

It's always good to have first-hand input input into our discussions. Thanks for updating us with facts and figures about the money involved in CTV8.

Our Keene-area folks would certainly appreciate your input about what content is allowed, what is not allowed, and the technical requirements.

Kevin

Kat Kanning

I don't see Roger's stuff on the schedule for this week.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Kat Kanning on August 24, 2006, 03:48 AM NHFT
Stories on how government has hurt people in the community.  Grandma had to sell her house cause the property taxes were too high...that kind of stuff.

How often does this actually happen?  Gramma manages to keep the house, but, has to go without other things.  Her lifestyle drops and her retirement sucks, but, this is harder to dramatize than Gramma, actually, having to give up the house.

CNHT

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on August 29, 2006, 07:36 AM NHFT
Quote from: Kat Kanning on August 24, 2006, 03:48 AM NHFT

How often does this actually happen?  Gramma manages to keep the house, but, has to go without other things.  Her lifestyle drops and her retirement sucks, but, this is harder to dramatize than Gramma, actually, having to give up the house.

In Bedford we have lots of grandmas that could not afford the house. They had to move.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: CTV8 on August 29, 2006, 01:19 AM NHFT
I've enjoyed reading the various posts on the forum, and would like to clear up a few minor details. Cheshire TV is funded (using the loosest sense of the word) by a ridiculously low .75% (Yes, that's a decimal in front of the 7) franchise fee billed to cable customers as a line item. The national average is 5%. That means I have very little money to work with. I am not, however, desperate for programming, but instead am extremely interested in what you folks are involved in. I am required by law to show any programming I am given, but as a citizen of the community I have the right to actively involve myself in any programming I choose. My unsolicted advice to you as a group is to ignore the meaningless content on the channel, and instead focus on making an effort to produce programming that gets your message out. Time Warner has an 80+% penetration in a 30,000 person community. That's a lot of audience to reach at absolutely no cost to you. Seems like a no brainer to me. Again, I would love to talk to any one of you about what you're doing, and how I can help facilitate any programing you would be interested in producing. All you have to do is call me at 283-6621, or contact me via the channel website, cheshiretv.org.

Thanks!

Welcome CTV8.  Glad you're interested in what we're up to.  What's your name?

Attention those looking to get involved in TV production:  According to cheshiretv.org, they are looking for volunteers for their production crew.  That would be a great way to gain some experience!