• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Keene Public Access TV

Started by citizen_142002, August 18, 2006, 03:09 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Braddogg

Quote from: FTL_Ian on August 29, 2006, 11:31 AM NHFT
Attention those looking to get involved in TV production:  According to cheshiretv.org, they are looking for volunteers for their production crew.  That would be a great way to gain some experience!

Back home, I learned a lot of the basics of film shooting and editing.  I did a monthly show with a few friends in high school, a few movies for class projects, and a few fun movies, too.  But I'm so behind on the technology (hah, four years is a long time) that I'd be useless.  It's amazing how fast things change.  I stopped doing film editing once the non-linear editing system got installed at the studio.  I decided it wasn't worth the effort of learning a new system.  But, I hear that non-linear editing is about 100 times easier than the old linear editing I used to do.

BTW, Lloyd -- your new avatar is scaring me  :o

FTL_Ian

Editing today is fun and affordable.  Too bad I don't have time.  Here's the last thing I did in 2003:
http://freetalklive.com/files/FTLLP0403promo.mpg

KBCraig

CTV8

What is allowed is virtually anything when it comes to content. Anything that has a copyright cannot be cablecast, unless you own the copyright, or have permission from the copyright holder. About the only other thing that can't be shown is obscene material, although obscene is tough to define, IMO, and commercial content. For the Keene area folks, additional info can be found at our website, cheshiretv.org, and by calling the studio or emailing me! - Lee

CTV8

Quote from: Kat Kanning on August 29, 2006, 03:02 AM NHFT
I don't see Roger's stuff on the schedule for this week.

Programming is scheduled based on length. Anything that is 15 minutes or longer begins at the top of the hour or the half hour, and is on the schedule grid. If it's more than 15 min and less than 30, the rest of the half hour gets filled with short subjects, and those aren't on the guide. The videos on the DVD you supplied ar all under 15min, so they will get shown between other programs, but won't be on the guide. As I write this, for example, the piece called "New London Blues" played. Any time there is a gap between programs I will fill it with shorts like these. I encourage ANYONE with something to say to consider visiting the studio to produce a show with our help. 25,500 people in the Keene area have our channel.

Russell Kanning