• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Planning a new business

Started by AlanM, January 01, 2005, 06:56 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

AlanM

Hi all,
  I'm planning a new business in NH. Some of the people needed will be: web design/master, publicity, graphics artists, musicians, actors, scene designers, shippers, word processors, lyricists, sound techs for performance and recordings,and more. I am good friends with several authors who I hope will join in with us. The business will not be politics centered, but there will be opportunities to promote Liberty. More specifics will be forthcoming shortly. The whole idea is to start as a small company, with independent sub-contractors for specific projects and continue to grow. This could be a lot of fun. Your investment can be your time. I'm looking to see if there is any interest from the Liberty crowd. Send me an email here if you have an interest in something not the least bit mundane.
Alan Milner

rothamerica

Sounds like fun. Alan.  Would like to hear more on the subject.  Let me know.

Michael Fisher

Is it something to do with theater?

jcpliberty

Quote from: Scott Roth on January 01, 2005, 09:30 PM NHFT
Sounds like fun. Alan.  Would like to hear more on the subject.  Let me know.

Let me know more information please!

jimcperry (at) gmail (dot) com

Grunt

Could the graphics art work be done on a computer? Or is it physical art?

AlanM

Quote from: Grunt on January 02, 2005, 07:55 AM NHFT
Could the graphics art work be done on a computer? Or is it physical art?

Will need both, actually. Things such as book cover design would be done on computer, I would assume, for printing. Also CDs. Posters possibly.

Grunt

Awesome, I will see to it this issue gets addressed. Be back at ya soon.

AlanM

One other aspect will be audio books and training CDs. Does anyone have knowledge and/or recording equipment? Or know a good source for such?

Michael Fisher

My wife's voice teacher has a really nice recording studio.  Perhaps he'd let us use it... maybe for a fee?

AlanM

Very interesting. I'm told Varrin does this type of thing too.

Grunt

Alan, I can send you some prospectus art if you would like.

My email is: glennmcbride (at) gmail (dot) com

The artist has years of professional experience in commercial graphics arts, and a degree in art as well.

AlanM

Glenn,
I just sent you an email with my address. Thanks!!
AlanM

AlanM

I learned Dada's brother is a composer. Hmmmmmm................

Dave Ridley

Alan here are a couple brainstorms regarding your audio production company idea....

The audio software that I have found most useful and least expensive is Acoustica....only about 20 bucks and  you can download a free demoware version from http://www.acoustica.com/      I am not an expert on setting up software and hardware for this kind of thing however.

I don't know what the market is like these days for audio production but I know my brother mentioned that some kind of change in copyright law or something has resulted in him getting a lot of new work as a writer of sheet music...so that's an area that is a growing industry.

AlanM

I just got an email from my friend the playwright. I now have permission to distribute the play. Anyone who would like to read it can send me an IM with their email. The play is in PDF format so you need Adobe Acrobat Reader, or a similar PDF reader. It is a wonderful play. Fantastically funny, yet poignant. Beautiful language at times, with a real sense of humanity. Enjoy It!!!
AlanMilner

P.S. Kat and Russell, I just sent it to your yahoo email.