• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Keene Free Press litter pick-up

Started by Kat Kanning, August 20, 2006, 09:38 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Keeping the countryside clean doesn't have to be done by government.  :)

We'll be picking up trash on Sunday September 10th, right after the Monadnock Porcupines meeting.  The trash pick-up will probably start about 2:00 leaving from Cheshire Village Pizza parking lot.  Maybe we can relax at Freedom Park afterward :)

We have a two mile section of 101 between Marlborough and Main St. in Keene.

Tom Sawyer

Very cool 8)

I will bring a rake and hoe to clean out the poison ivy at the rivers edge in Freedom Park.

earthhaven

Sounds like fun, I'll be there.

Should we bring our own trash bags?

Kat Kanning

We have trash bags.  You might want gloves.  We really like the grabbers from Walmart, but they were out last time I looked.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Roger Grant on August 20, 2006, 10:21 AM NHFT
Very cool 8)

I will bring a rake and hoe to clean out the poison ivy at the rivers edge in Freedom Park.

Good priorities Roger!

Tom Sawyer

Are you going to be able to come up for the get together?... I'm guessing it will be a good.

Lloyd Danforth

I'm working out logistics of helping Dawn on Sat and attending the 65 things in Keene on Sun.

Malsem

How come we get a fine of $250 or more for throwing paper out the car window, but we can dump as many toxins, such as grubicides, weed-killers, oil-drips, and more into the environment without issue?

What's wrong with the poison ivy, now?

-M

TackleTheWorld

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Malsem on September 18, 2006, 08:24 AM NHFT
How come we get a fine of $250 or more for throwing paper out the car window, but we can dump as many toxins, such as grubicides, weed-killers, oil-drips, and more into the environment without issue?
Because they are the government. :)