• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Winchester Pickle Festival

Started by Kat Kanning, August 20, 2006, 10:31 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

http://www.nhliving.com/events/winchesterpicklefestival/index.shtml

Winchester Pickle Festival
Annual Monadnock Region Event

This event is part old-fashioned town fair and part spoof on the many food festivals that fill New England's event calendar. The Winchester?s annual Pickle Festival is fun for all. Downtown Winchester becomes the fairgrounds, with Main Street (Route 10) the parade route. Kids march along with the parade, which features local pickle-themed floats, plenty of pickle costumes and marching bands. Along the route are craftsmen (many demonstrating), food booths, and a lively competition among local cooks for the best jar of pickles. There are free pickles for everyone.

Live music goes on all day, with everything from blues and country-western to a barbershop quartet and violin ensemble.

To Find the Pickles

All events take place on Main Street (Route 10) in Winchester. Winchester is south of Keene ? just follow Route 10 south from the Route 101 intersection.

When? September 24, 2006

Where? Main Street (Route 10), Winchester, NH

More Information? 603-239-4202 or Call Winchester, NH town hall

dawn

The ad is not 100% correct.

The festival is on Saturday 9/23 (not 9/24). It runs from 10 to 5.

I don't know why they think it's a spoof, but I've never heard anyone say that before. It's a real festival with pickles to eat and pickle t-shirts, etc. Maybe they think it's funny (I guess maybe it is, a little).

Russell Kanning

we will have a LSFund table there ..... come visit us ..... and taste pickles.